Chapter 7: Into the Woods

Yelena woke up at dawn just as the sun was about to rise, with Blake sleeping beside her, she quietly got up and scouted the room. For would-be hunters, which she still compared to mercenaries, it was surprising that they weren't awake by this time. Then again, her world is far different than this, and it seemed like a hunter wasn't as serious as a mercenary. 

Walking out of the room and outside, she felt the cool morning winds graze upon her, the silence reminding her of the cold nights she had around a campfire, surrounding her, her father's men would silently work on their tasks. Soon enough, however, the silence was quickly cut short as Yelena heard some grunts. Walking in the direction of the grunts, she soon found a woman exercising, as she was currently doing some pushups.

"Oh, hello." The woman said in a cheery mood, with Yelena examining the woman, she had far more muscles than any student (aside from Yang) she had encountered so far, with a few cuts and grazes here and there which didn't look too noticeable without seriously scrutinizing on her skin. 

"Morning exercises huh?" Yelena said, sitting on the grass as she watched the woman exercise, she noticed the long red ponytail that hung beside her neck.

"Yeah, gotta shake off the sleepiness. How about you?" The woman asked, with Yelena recollecting her memories, she would always wake up early to watch her father and his men train, she being unable to join for being too sick all the time. 

"I just wake up early." Replying, she once more looked at the horizon, with the sun now rising. As soon as she turned her head back to the girl, she found her sitting in front of her, drinking from a jug she must have brought with her.

"Name's Pyrrha Nikos." The girl said as she extended her hand for a shake. 

"Yelena." The other accepted Pyrrha's hand, with the redhead immediately widening her eyes as she felt the white rabbit's hand, as soon as they let go of each other, she felt the skin of her hand by holding her face.

"You're body temperature..." Pyrrha said, quickly moving closer and holding Yelena's shoulders, forehead, and neck, her puzzled look made the other chuckle as she tried determining whether Yelena had a cold or not.

"It's fine... it's my semblance to blame for it, and plus, I'm fine." Yelena stopped Pyrrha as she held the redhead by her hands.

"Strange... I've never heard of a semblance physically affecting its users when it's not active..." Pyrrha said, with Yelena cursing that she may have broken past the lie. 

"Well... I should get going... Breakfast is probably ready..." Yelena awkwardly said as she walked away. Pyrrha looked at her in suspicion, yet as she couldn't bring herself to assume anything, she shrugged her shoulders as she let the rabbit leave for the canteen...

~~~

Having finished her breakfast, the intercoms of the academy blared out, with the voice of Glynda asking all the first-year students to arrive at the cliffside of the academy, Yelena found herself now staring onto a vast sea of green, once more looking at the sun now almost at its peak. She then faced the headmaster, who sipped on his mug of coffee as he began to talk, with the other students listening intently.

"For years, you have trained to become warriors, and today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest. This is our way of initiating young hunters, to let them see in their own eyes, whether they are ready to become who they aspire to be..." As he finished, Glynda stepped in, continuing Ozpin's explanation.

"Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumours about the assignment of "teams." Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today." Suddenly, Yelena heard a loud groan from Ruby, as she could vaguely hear what the two sisters were talking about, she assumed it was the whole teammate thing. 

"These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well." Glynda said as Ozpin continued, explaining their task as yet another groan was heard from Ruby. Yelena wondered who her own teammates would be, yet shrugged as she was alright with anyone. 

If they hated the Faunus and mistreated her? She could always just beat them up. 

Yelena pondered for a while as she began hearing the sound of gears turning and a spring being released, immediately turning to see a hunter being launched into the air, her eyes widened as she glared at Ozpin.

"Alright, the means of dropping you towards your destination would be through this way." As he said that, Yelena could hear the sound of Jaune gulping, before raising his hand.

"Um, Sir? About this whole... 'landing strategy' did I miss something? Like Parachut-" 

"No, you will be falling." He simply said as Yelena sighed, recalling a memory as she heard of Ozpin's 'landing strategy', seeing the other young hunters being shot out by a trap door under their feet. Her memories were very clear as she noted the excitement some of these hunters was, especial Yang, who put shades on her eyes as her turn came, she couldn't help but compare the yellow-haired girl to another woman from her past, a chainsaw-wielding drunk, she remembered the woman dropping from the skies, some 200 meters above ground into enemy lines, with nothing but a box that carried her weapon. 

She recalled the name of the woman was Blaze

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

She recalled the name of the woman was Blaze... She wondered what would happen if she also got transported into this new world...

As she waited for her turn to be launched, her focus was once more shifted as Ozpin called out her name, and turning to the grey-haired man, Ozpin only nodded as he muttered under his breath to which only she caught onto.

"Bring me results." He said quietly, a look of eagerness, excitement, but also something else was on his face as Yelena stared past the black shaded spectacles he always wore. There was something more to the headmaster Yelena knew, but to what was he planning, and what kind of piece of his game did she fit into?

Her thoughts drifted as she was launched into the air, and shaking off the strange feeling, she focused on what was ahead of her, and nothing more...

~~~Author's Notes~~~

Blaze and Yang really are similar, heck, Blaze even knows how to do hand to hand combat thanks to the lore on one of the events... Also, I'm not sure if it's correct, but there really isn't a single character whose semblance permanently affects their users while it's inactive aside from Qrow and Clover.

RWBYKnights: Volume 1 [Old Version]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें