47 • What Are You Up To?

Depuis le début

The lady merely shook her head and handed Minjeong the keys to the residence. She clarified that she'll be back in a few days after they decide to go home, then waved her farewells before leaving the place.

"What's the plan now?" Jimin asked.

"We won't be doing anything today since today is resting day. But if you're up for some exploring, I'll be more than glad to show your around."

"Hmm, I'm not tired... so I'll take up that offer."

With that being settled, Minjeong took the taller's hand and led her outside of the residence towards the huge field. In the field, multiple wooden dummies could be seen in almost every corner and seeing this caused the shorter to smile nostalgically.

Can't believe that lady didn't even replace these.

Jimin pulled away from her girlfriend's grasp to curiously look around the field that seemed to be the training grounds. Minjeong didn't do anything but stand in place, watching the latter walk around the area whilst examining every beaten dummy.

She was unable to hold herself but silently chuckle, finding the girl's curiosity cute.

Then Jimin appeared to have spotted something inside the slightly opened shed that made her open it fully and step into like she owned the place. Exhaling, Minjeong snickered.

"Hey, Miss. You're trespassing." she teased.

Jimin stuck her tongue in response, "Well, you're not doing anything." she said casually after approaching the thing she have seen and picking it up.

It was an old wooden sword that looked as good as new. The shorter had no recollections of why it was there, but it was probably something her unnies bought long ago as extras just in case their training swords broke.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Jimin approached one of the dummies and gazed at it for a good few seconds. Her girlfriend guessed that she was going to hit it, and indeed she did.

But she wasn't expecting it.

*THUD*

The taller's stance was very good as well as the strike, it was your typical chudan, the most common stance. Although, something about the latter's posture looked different to Minjeong's eyes.

It was as if she was experienced.

Minjeong pursed her lips, raising her brows in disbelief that paired with shock. "Can you do that again?"

She requested which Jimin nodded her head and repeat her actions, striking the dummy once more.

*THUD*

After confirming everything, Minjeong blurted out. "You can play kendo?!"

Jimin laughed at her girlfriend's reaction and subtly nodded her head, explaining that she got curious back in high school, and asked Win to teach her some of the basics occasionally picking up the wooden weapon and whacking something whenever she's enraged.

Minjeong furrowed her brows, "Huh, I thought Win never had any experience?"

"Who told you that?"

"Our coach, back when he introduced him to me as a replacement."

"Ah, he must've been hiding it again. He's a liar. Often lies with unknown motives whatsoever."

"You don't say."

Jimin laughed, "He's been in love with the sport ever since high school. Even attended that last championship you were in to get inspiration, I believe that's the first he knew about you."