25+ • No One Else

A few days passed, Minjeong decided to finish her homework and work at her part-time job since there was nothing to do back at home but play video games which she strangely grew tired of— not entirely.

The girl just thought of doing something more productive and different than her usual routine.

Furthermore, her neighbor has been busy lately due to family reasons the girl doesn't want to tell her about. Minjeong felt a bit bumped out regarding it, though was fine cause she knew how she can't do anything about it but wait for her best friend to tell her herself.

"Hey there."

An unfamiliar voice approached Minjeong that averted her attention away from the book she's reading to the figure across the counter, a stranger.

Minjeong displayed her usual bright yet fake smile, "Hey, what can I do for you?"

"You know, I've been coming here regularly... and I haven't seen you in a while." The girl in front of the latter pouted, "You're my favorite cashier." she smiled flirtatiously which went unnoticed by Minjeong thanks to her condition.

Unfazed, Minjeong smiled apologetically and subtly bowed her head. "I'm sorry for the absence I guess?"

Intrigued by the cashier's undaunted composure, the girl smiled and rummaged through her bag to take out a sticky note with her number on it. She stuck the note on Minjeong's shoulder before doing a "call me" gesture, then leaving the bookstore.

"Yahhh~ That girl's beautiful!" A fellow worker appeared from the staff room, "How come you don't show any signs of reactions but that charming smile of yours?"

With the mentioned girl now out of sight, Minjeong sighed and patted the guy's shoulder. "Beomgyu, I don't have time to date."

Beomgyu raised a brow, "But you have time to play games?"

"That's a different thing, dude."

Minjeong punched the guy on the shoulder, making her way into the staff room to change clothes as her shift was done.

After changing into her casual clothes, the girl stepped outside of the room and glanced at her coworker, giving the guy a subtle wave.

"I'm going."

"You forgot your book." Beomgyu grabbed the book on the counter and tossed it at the girl which she flawlessly caught, "Are you going to disappear for weeks again?"

"I'm unsure."

"Right, be ca-"

"There's the last volume!"

A child-like voice echoed through the aisle that stole some of the customer's attention. When Minjeong turned her head towards the voice. She saw a cute little girl running her way with a pout on her face.

"Pretty unnie, will you give me that book?"

"Ah, this?" Minjeong waved the book and got a nod as a response, "Sorry, I already bought it."

"Oh... I understand," the little girl looked down as if she was suppressing the tears that are forming in her eyes.

"Oooo, Minjeong made a kid cry," Beomgyu teased.

As Minjeong gave her coworker a glare, Beomgyu whistled and quickly danced away into one of the aisles, scared of the fact this girl could rip him out into pieces.

Kneeling the little girl's level, Minjeong took a deep breath and patted the latter's head. "Don't cry..." she sighed. "Do you want it?"

Hearing the question, the little girl was quick to raise her head and look at the older with sparkling eyes.