14 • Still You

"OH!"

Minjeong couldn't help but blurt out a shout as she watches the girl next to her play the match as she's the only one left alive in their team.

She knew that the taller sucked, but she never expected her to suddenly get better after that short game they had.

Well, maybe it's because of that reward Minjeong promised.

"If you kill more than five people without bringing us down, I'll do anything you requested."

"Hm, really?"

"No doubt."

With that in thought, Minjeong flinched as soon as she snapped back to reality only to notice Jimin killing two players at once alone— this is her fourth.

Witnessing this, her whole team started to spam a bunch of messages in-game.

「RJ: Damn! This is what you call suck?」

「SK: Bruh, I only have two kills... THANKS for not bothering to help me Winwin.」

「Winwin: They had a sniper!」

「Winwin: Plus, I never knew she'd be this good...」

「RJ: Heh, talk about boasting.」

「Winwin: mb, I underestimated her.」

「MJ: I think she got motivated...」

「SK: From what?」

「MJ: I don't even wanna think about it.」

A few minutes later, Jimin ended up killing six people and earned third place for the team. Minjeong just raised her brows at this, embracing herself for what's about to come.

「RJ: That's just savage, I don't think you even needed us.」

「SK: WP! (✿◠‿◠)」

「Winwin: GG!」

「GrnT: a clutch, thanks tho.」

Jimin backed away from the computer, stretching her arms then turning her head to face Minjeong who's trying to avert her gaze.

"Jeongie looks like I won that reward."

"I guess."

"Can I claim it now?"

Minjeong sighed, "What do you want?"

Jimin smiled, "Later come with me to our old high school."

"Huh? What for?"

"No questions! Just meet me later at 1 p.m in front of the apartment."

Jimin typed on the computer to bid her farewells to the girl's teammates, shutting the computer down, then proceeding to stand up and walk away from the room.

When the girl was finally out of sight, Minjeong tilted her head in wonder.

Why that place?

Something was certainly up, and she felt that it's going to be both bad and good at the same time— well her gut feeling tells her so.

"MJ! Are you still going to play?!"

Minjeong flinched, "I told you not to drag me in!"

"Oops..."

———————————————