Ch 13 - Green Light

Start bij het begin

Omen turned his head towards Aria who just smiled at him then turned his head towards me. I just shrugged at him.

"you can do that?"

"I'm already used to it. So when you're teleporting in, somehow I could feel it," she responded.

"yes, maybe use the door for more surprise. She might need to see who's coming through the door," I noticed my tie was a bit slanted.

"um.. anyway.."

"yes?" both me and Omen paid attention to Aria.

"I think it's time I actually wake up.. I'm really grateful for all the support you gave me, but I can't keep avoiding the problem. I'm seeing Cypher,"

"you're not ready. Yesterday, you went pale just because of his presence,"

"I know, Omen, but I will have to face him eventually. I will try to reconcile with him. If it doesn't work, then I'll leave him alone. It will keep hurting me if I stay like this,"

"that's noble of you, but are you sure about this?" I asked, also giving a hint that I didn't want her to try that.

"yes. In the meantime, I might be unavailable quite a lot. Please feel free to use the room," she smiled at both of us.

I looked at Omen who seemed like he couldn't accept that answer but still wanted to respect Aria's decision. I honestly thuoght she was right, but we didn't know how much damage she would take later on.

"I will respect your decision. If you need support, I'll help you," Omen nodded.

"if he doesn't want to be with you, I can be your company,"

"thank you, both of you.." she nodded.

That smile of her was convincing but it wa indeed bitter. She really built up the courage to make that decision. 

- - - - -

Cypher's POV

"it's boring.." I murmured as I was watching over the cameras.

What Chamber said yesterday actually struck me. I've been thinking about it the whole day. Did I need to reconcile with her for the sake that the tension would go down? If I did that, everybody would be relieved and this whole drama was actually tiring. I could still work with her on missions, I just didn't want to get any closer to her. As I said, she was taking me away from Nora.

I closed my eyes, thinking about it. I haven't seen Brimstone for a long time, that's true. But I've been wandering around the base, I didn't hide myself at all and things have been going well. Was he lying to me? I had no way to confirm that. But, when I think about it, nobody ever came to my workshop and nobody has talked to me. Maybe it's because of the drama I caused. I might've acted too much on her.

"no, stop thinking about that.."

"about what?"

That voice..

"Aria?"

I turned my head, seeing her with a tray of food. I didn't even notice she was coming. She just smiled at me, a smile that she forced out. It looked sad.

"I know you haven't eaten anything. I'll leave them here. Couscous, your favorite. Have a good dinner, Cypher,"

She.. called me Cypher. Not Aamir like before although nobody was here.

"my thanks," 

My voice, it was so cold. It wasn't on purpose, I was just protecting myself.

"you're welcome,"