【Twenty】

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

» "Friends murder each other all the time." «

*Do I even need to put warnings at this point?*
*blood, violence, death, gore, panic*

┈ ✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁ ┈

   Grasping the wooden handle with both hands, the brunette yanked it back while kicking the stranger who's stomach the weapon was lodged into. The corpse fell back with a loud thump. Breathing heavily, the boy stepped back and wiped his cheek, smearing blood across his face.

   Crouching down beside the corpse, he took the fabric in the dead man's hand and yanked it away. Glaring at the corpse another time, he muttered a few profanities as he took back the scarf and held it close to his chest. He frowned at the amount of blood that had gotten on it. Angrily, he pulled his mouth mask back up before kicking the lifeless person one more time.

   A hand was placed upon the twitching boy's shoulder.

   "You alright, bud?"

   He turned to see one of his coworkers taking off his own mask and wiping sweat from his forehead. Stains were apparent on his black gloves and a bit on his black mask.

   "They r-ru-ruined my f-f-fu-fu—" He choked on his words while his head jerked to the side and he stomped his foot in frustration, "—cking sca-scarf."

   It was obvious the brunette was very upset, which didn't surprise his coworker too much seeing as Toby had a tendency to get attached to random items. (Literally. One of his favorite things to do was collect things he got attached to. Rocks being the main items.) Along with his extreme mood swings. The man clad in yellow's lips turned thin and he pat the younger one on the shoulder.

   "We'll get it cleaned up."

   He was about to say more, before his expression fell into a blank one and his eyes glazed over. Toby didn't react seeing as this was common when he was contacting one of them.

   Toby's shoulders loosened up a bit and he started to calm himself down. He could faintly hear his other coworker hacking and coughing in the hallway of the rundown place. It was a telltale sign that Masky was becoming Tim again.

   Brian blinked a few times and his eyes became bright again. He offered the younger man a tight grin and pat his shoulder again before turning towards the door.

   "Let's go help Tim and I'll tell you what he said."

Toby didn't miss the way Brian grimaced when he referred to the operator. He was well aware that neither Brian nor Tim liked the creature in charge, he never asked why though since it was a sensitive topic for them. Personally, he didn't see why they would dislike the operator, seeing as the creature did take him in and provide him a new life. The only answer he would get from either of his coworkers was that they were tired and just gave in. Whatever that meant.

Head jerking to the side, Toby followed the other to go help their friend who sounded like a dying goose.

Stuffing his mask into his hoodie pocket, Brian knelt down beside his best friend who was currently on his hands and knees. His white feminine mask was thrown a few feet away, to which Toby went over to retrieve. When giving up control and vise versa, Tim had a tendency to cough—a lot. Ever since he reluctantly agreed to work under the operator, it lessened slightly to the point he wouldn't hack up blood, but it still was annoying.