【Nineteen】

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

» "I'm gonna lock myself in here with a ghost." «

┈ ✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁ ┈

   Luca continuously knocked on the door of the wealthy-looking house, a dumb smile on his face. You stood behind him with your hands shoved into the soft blue jacket that went with your costume. After a second, Luca stepped back and clutched his pillow sack close to his chest.

   A bit of stumbling could be heard from behind the door, before it swung open revealing a frazzled looking young adult. His pink hair sticking everywhere. Snickering at his staticky hair, you nudged Luca forward.

   "Oh jeez! You guys are finally here, thought you ditched our Halloween plans." Theo grinned with his words before looking down at Luca. Widening his eyes, he lowered himself and smiled widely holding out his arms. "Buddy!"

   Giggling, Luca jumped into the hug, before Theo stood up and swung him around. Putting the boy down, Theo ruffled his hair. "Goodness, look how tall you are. How is everything kiddo? You feelin' good? You excited? Get a lot of candy?"

   Excitedly, Luca held up his bag showing off the candy he collected. "Yup! I even got extra from that nice lady down the street."

   Theodore smiled and then looked back up at you and stepped aside, letting the two of you in. "Well, don't just stand there. Lumi's in the living room if you wanna go trade candy with her, kiddo."

   Lumi was Theo's youngest sister, and the only adopted one. It was obvious since she was the only blonde and blue eyed person in the entire family of brunettes.

Theo had a big and slightly complicated family.

There was his biological father, Louis, who had been married to Theo's mother in France, where she gave birth to Theo and his eldest sister Camille. Shortly after Theodore was born, Louis divorced his wife and moved to the United States with his two kids. This is where he met Henri and Henri's own daughter, Anais. Once Louis and Henri were married, Lumi was adopted shortly after.

The family was big but very happy together. When you were in high school, Luca and you would often end up staying over at Theodore's house for periods of time. Not like your father or Luca's mother cared. They barely even noticed that the two of you were gone. Unlike your deadbeats, Theo's fathers were very affectionate and friendly. They treated the two of you as their own kids.

You stepped inside as Luca took off towards the living room. Closing the door, the pink haired boy beside you grinned. "Go on, the girls are in the living room, I'm just gonna go get snacks."

"Is Lizzie here?" You asked while taking off your sneakers.

Turning the other way towards the kitchen, he threw you a thumbs up while humming some random song. You rolled your eyes and grinned at his incoherent singing. Finally wrestling your right sneaker off, you trudged over into the spacious living room.

Entering the living room you were met with a heartwarming sight. On one of the two couches sat the braided brunette, Anais, with a bowl of popcorn on her lap. She was watching Luca and Lumi trade candy. Camille, the short-haired woman, stood to the side of the couch, remote control in her hand, scrolling through horror movies on Netflix. She used her free hand to mess with the necklace around her neck while biting her lip. Lumi and Luca sat on the fluffy carpet in front of the television, sorting out their different snacks.