~2~

Cute pic of Diego <3. Also the artist is @krikzilla on instagram. Her works are amazing.

...and It was time to get prepared for my newfound incredible idea.

So the plan was that I get everything I needed- money, some food and water, knives, my favorite riding gloves and equipment, a headband (or you can imagine a hat tbh it doesn't matter), boots and personal stuff like spare set of clothes and makeup 🥵 (we gotta look like a fashion icon when we go back to 1980 duh🙄✋🏻).
For money, I had to take my jewelry and some of my mother's diamonds. I sneaked in the jewelry room and grabbed everything that I could. I put them in my backpack. Then I went to where I stored my equipment. I got my boots, riding saddle, my favorite knife and some other stuff I could find.

After that, I went to the kitchen as quiet as I could, so non of my servants hear me. I quickly grabbed two water bottles. But there was a problem. We didn't have any canned food...

I already thought of something. I went back to my room and got 50 dollars. Then I made my stand teleport me to the nearest shop.
"Are you sure that you dont wanna just steal some stuff and make me teleport you back?", my stand requested. "It's fine, I can pay for it"
I put on my mask so no one could recognize me, went in to buy what I needed.
I ended up buying like 20 packets of noodles, energy snacks and some other food and sweets.
I teleported back to my room. The noodles wasn't the best idea.. Not much protein and a lot of space, but I loved them so I made an exception. Then It was time that I carried out the plan.

The only thing I couldn't bring back was my horse, but I could buy a horse there.

I got one of my records of the race.
The date was 25th of September 1890... I had to go back to the 24th. And the place was San Diego beach. I put on my backpack, and called out my stand. "Born to Die, take me back to the 24th of September, 1890, and teleport me to San Diego beach, America", I ordered. "Okay, Y/N, but are you sure you really want to do that?", my stand asked. "Yes, I am", I answered. "Okay I'll begin the process now".

I saw a light blinding me, and then my vision got very dark and..

"Ma'am? Are you okay?" I opened my eyes and saw a weird looking man trying to wake me up.
"Uh? Where am I- Oh! Hello, where can I sign up for the race?" I asked the man. "Miss, are you sure you are okay? You can sign up right there." he pointed. "Alright, thank you!"
I looked around, I was amazed. "Kyaah! So this is how it looked liked in 1890?! It's so colorful and lively, it's nothing like the black and white pictures!" It was a new, interesting experience.
It couldn't be real. I was so excited because it actually worked.

I went to this little small shop. "Is that the place where I can sign up?" I asked. "Yes. The entry fee is 1200 dollars" I looked at them with a confident glare, then brought up one of my golden bracelets with crystals, put it on the table. "Will that work?" I said. "Woaa- Yes ma'am!" the person exclaimed with shocked eyes.
"Now, tell me where I can get a horse." I asked the man. "You can get one only from the stables. For this reason, they are selling them 10 times the price." He informed me of them.

As I was heading out, someone behind me spoke. "Huh? Why is a woman like you in a place like this. This race is not for everyone you know, not a female". I turned back only to see some ugly ass mf. "What the hell is your problem? Go out of my sight, eyesore." I was not about to deal with him. "Who are you to talk to me like that, whore!" He angrily shouted. "Well, at least I'm someone, not like you, piece of shit!". He got very irritated and charged at me. And I thought, oh shit, coz I couldn't use my stand 💪🏻.

Gyro's pov-

"What is that girl doing here? She looks young.." I thought. Then some guy confronted about participating in the race. She kind of surprised me because she talked back to him. The guy got so mad that he tried attacking her. I hurried and yelled "Leave her alone, bastard!" I tried stopping him. "So you wanna fight too? Bring it on then!" He shouted back at me. "Chill down, I just want you to leave the girl alone-" he was holding a gun, but then the sheriff came. "You three! What are you doing here?" He asked us. "Uh- Nothing we were just playing around" the ugly ass said as he dropped his gun and tried acting like nothing happened. I saw him reaching for his gun, and as fast as I could I threw my steel ball at him, rotating his arm. "You bastard!" He cried out and then tried shooting, but instead shot himself.

Johnny's pov:

I heard some people yelling at each other for something, and I sped up in my wheelchair to see what was happening.
I saw two men and a girl. One of the men was pointing the gun at the other man that the girl was close to. That shit was about to go down 🥶.

Diego's pov:

I noticed that a girl and a man were yelling. They were cursing each other, but then the man charged at her. But really, a woman participating? I mean, whatever but that's not a race for everyone. I was interested in the outcome so I continued to watch them. One other man tried stopping him from attacking the girl. Then he got mad at him too. He took out a gun and pointed it at him. For a moment I thought of stopping them, but the sheriff came. So I carried on with my day.

Y/N's pov:

"H-huh? Is this Gyro Zeppeli?" I knew how he looked like from all the books I had. "And what's that ball? Is he a stand user too?" I thought. If it wasn't for him, this ugly ass may have harmed me.
"Hello, sir! Thank you for helping m-" "It's fine no need to thank me. What's your name miss?"
"It's Y/N Y/LN. And you?" I thought that knowing his name would sound weird so I just asked. "It's Gyro Zeppeli." He flashed a smile and I could see his golden teeth. "Alright, I'll go now." I said waving at him, because I had to get a horse asap. "Goodbye Y/N, see you at the starting spot tomorrow.".

I arrived at where they sold horses. They had so many. I couldn't really choose. I spotted a white one. I liked it so I took it with me. I didn't want to pay for it so I just teleported it away with me #badassgirlboss.

It was starting to get dark so I set up my camp. I saw that next to my camp was Gyro. "Oh hey didn't expect to see you here!" He came to greet me. "Well, yeah me too." He was actually really cheerful and nice. There were over 3k people, it was weird that we got to see each other so frequently, as if there was an invisible pull, attracting us.
We talked for a while and It was time that we sleep.

The next morning I woke up very energized. I was relieved that I could use my stand again.
I got ready and I headed towards the start. There were so many people. The first race was 15km. I already knew that Gyro and his friend, Johnny Joestar, would be taking a shortcut through the brush. And I planned to do so too. It was finally time to start.

The fireworks set off

Alright guys this will be for this chapter

Alright guys this will be for this chapter. It finally starts to get interesting. Also please tell me if the pacing is good. I hope you enjoyed it <3. Have a great day!