♡𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝑰𝒔 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝑯𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝑭𝒐𝒓 𝒀𝒐𝒖♡

Start from the beginning

But boy did it affect you, mentally most of all.

The more time he spent away from home, the more isolated you felt, and the only person that you could talk to was Veronica.

"I don't know," you flashed her a smile of gratitude as you took your cup.

She always insisted on making you something to drink whenever you were upset, no matter where you decided to meet up. If you met at a cafe, she would buy you something to drink. It was a way for her to show her affection for you.

"What do you mean you don't know?" she frowned, settling down at the dining table with you.

It was a little after nine in the morning, so the pair of you had the whole day to talk - well, at least until she was set to pick her children up from school.

"Come on, the two of you could barely keep your hands off of each other when you first got together, and it never really faded - if anyone should have plans for today, it's you!" she blinked.

Yes, it was Valentine's Day, but this year did not feel like the two years before.

"(Y/N)?" Veronica questioned worriedly as your sad eyes fell to your beverage.

"He forgot," you mumbled.

"What?" she leaned forward.

"He didn't remember that today is Valentine's Day - he barely spoke two words to me before he just kissed me and left," you raised your eyebrows.

"No way," she let out a breath. "You're f****** lying, right?" Veronica gawked.

"I wish I was," you brought yourself to look at her again. "But honestly, I had a feeling that was going to happen, because for some reason, I didn't go shopping for a gift for him this year,"

"No, that can't be right," Veronica shook her head. "He's remembered the past two dates - heck, he's even spent the night before the 14th to surprise you," she waved her hand. "There is no way he's forgotten what today is,"

"Well I-"

Just then, you were cut off by the sound of the telephone ringing, causing you to become alert.

You excused yourself before getting to your feet and rushing over to the telephone, which was located on the other end of the kitchen wall.

It hadn't rung for very long before you picked up the receiver, bringing it to your ear.

"Hello?" you spoke softly.

"Hey, love, it's me," Brian's unmistakable voice rang through from the other end.

"Brian," you answered, a tad bit surprised, a small smile forming on your lips at the sound of his voice.

No matter what was happening, you still loved him madly.

"What are you up to?" he inquired casually, something he always did when he called.

"Chatting with Veronica," you laughed.

"Hey Brian!" Veronica shouted from where she was seated, hoping he would hear her.

You giggled, and you heard Brian chuckle as well.

"Ah, do tell her I say 'hi' right back after you put the phone down," he replied.

There was something in his tone that made you become more alert.

"Is everything alright?" you asked.

"Yes," you heard him shuffle a bit before he continued speaking. "Listen, I'll be working quite late tonight, and I probably won't be home until well after midnight, so I just wanted to let you know, uh, not to wait up for me,"