Everything Will Be Alright

As Mirabel sat in the rubble, family members raced in, attempting to search for her amongst all the fog. Julieta ran towards her daughter who was still staring at the gone out candle.

"Mirabel!" She called out through the fog, Mirabel finally coming into view causing Julieta to run to her, "Mirabel! Are you hurt? Mirabel?"

The brunette shook her head. The only thing that hurt was knowing that she was the one that brought the house down, she made the cracks appear.

"Julieta, come quick." Pepa called out.

"Don't move, I'll be right back." She spoke to her daughter.

Julieta left to go check on the rest of the family — Mirabel hearing everyone panic.

"How could this happen?" Pepa muttered.

"Everyone okay? Is everyone okay?" Agustín called.

Mirabel looked over to see Dolores helping Alma sit down who's dependent and in shock. As she watched her Abuela — how lost and broken she looked — Mirabel's chin started to quiver as the weight of her failure overwhelmed her. It was all her fault.

"Here, let me help you." Dolores said.

"My powers...they're gone. What about Antonio, what's he gonna do?" Camilo spoke sadly.

Julieta was currently grabbing medicine bottles as she made way back over to her daughter, only to find she wasn't there, "Mirabel? Mirabel? Where's Mirabel? Where is she?"

As the family started to panic, they all split into different groups and decided to search for Mirabel. Agustín and Julieta took one side of the Encanto whilst Dolores and Félix took the other, Camilo and Luna taking the town.

"Mirabel? Mirabel!" Agustín shouted in hopes that his daughter would return to him safely.

-

The next morning still had the town in worry as Mirabel had not yet returned home. Camilo and Luna were now joined with Luisa who was helping with looking through the town.

"Mirabel? Mirabel?"

Cecilia approached the three along with her friends Juancho and Alejandra, "They haven't found her yet?"

Luna knelt down to the young girl's level, "Not yet but she will turn up. I promise."

The children nodded their heads in understanding. They could only hope that Mirabel would return safely back to her family especially after everything she had been through.

Julieta, Agustín, Félix and Dolores were all searching
for Mirabel in the forest that stood tall behind the casita. As they called out, it was the same answer. Nothing. Dolores held her ear out to see if she could hear her cousin but shook her head realising her powers were gone.

~ ~

A piece of fabric from Mirabel's dress was stuck on a thorn of a plant. As it moved gently with the wind, footprints lead away into the wilderness — a shadow passing over them. A small shape was sat on a rock by the river, head in their knees as they cried.