The Miracle Is Dying

Deciding fresh air would do her good to think over the situation regarding her twin brother, Luna made her way outside, walking down the path that led into the town. Luna was a people person, she loved socialising and she loved everyone in town who also loved her back. Occasionally she babysat some of the children and treated them to an ice cream if they behaved well.

In the distance, Luna could make out Alma with Mariano and his Abuela attending to his broken nose. She was about to make her way over when she was stopped by a little girl tugging on her arm, "Luna, can you come and play?"

The 16-year old hesitated, looking back at her abuela and then to the little girl next to her. She nodded her head causing a smile to grow on little Adelia's face who was dragging Luna to a patch of grass outside her house. Adelia was attempting to make a daisy chain but didn't quite understand how and that's when Luna stepped in.

What felt like 5 minutes was actually 20 and Luna knew she had to start heading back home. She bid goodbye to Adelia and started walking back. As she neared the house, the voices of Mirabel and Isabela singing caught the girls attention. They were spinning on a ramp of Isabela's vines, twirling in front of the candle, locked onto each other. Isabela then pulled Mirabel in for a hug, the candle burning brighter.

"Yes!" Luna screamed, receiving a few odd looks.

~ ~

Isabela grabbed onto Mirabel as they dove through a kaleidoscope of plants and flowers, crashing down to the courtyard whilst landing in a pile of colourful flowers. They laid in the flowers, giddy and exhausted.

"You're a bad influence." Isabela giggled.

Mirabel grinned enjoying the evolution of their relationship.

"What is going on?"

Mirabel and Isabela sat up to find Alma entering the courtyard which was full of Isabela's out of control plants and flowers deeming it as dangerous.

"Abuela!" Mirabel said excitedly, "It's okay, everything's — we're gonna save the miracle, the magic -"

"What are you talking about? Look at our home, look at your sister!"

"Please, just — Isabela wasn't happy -"

"Of course she isn't happy, you ruined her proposal."

"No, no she needed me to ruin her proposal and then we did all of this and the candle burned brighter and the cracks -"

"Mirabel -"

"That's why I'm in the vision. I'm saving the miracle."

"You have to stop Mirabel!"

Luna made her way into the courtyard and stopped when she saw the current situation. Luisa looked upset where as Isabela looked guilty, her dress was now a darker colour— different hues plastered all over it. Julieta and Agustín were holding onto each other as they watched the scene unfold, a tremor then shaking the entire Encanto, as everyone grew concerned.

"The cracks started with you. Bruno left because of you. Luisa's losing her powers, Isabela's out of control because of you. I don't know why you weren't given a gift — but it is not an excuse for you to hurt this family!"