Chapter III

I haven't spoken a word to my dad since he saw what happened. I've locked myself in my room only communicating with Logan. I've tried calling Angel and texting her but she's ignored it. Both Gemma and Kath are worried; they've been bugging my phone all week, too bad I can't turn it off just in case Angel does reply.

Two days before Christmas day I go downstairs to get some snacks that will hopefully last me till tomorrow so that I won't have to see my dad's face. There he was sitting on the dining table with Angel's mum Teresa. I tried to run back upstairs but before you know it Angel walked into the house. My eyes widened in shock. My dad then spoke "Bud, we were all starting to wonder when were you going to come down, we've all been waiting here for some time. Please sit down, let's all talk about this." I looked at him so intensely holding back my tears "There's nothing to talk about and even if there was I wouldn't want to" I was about to storm off then Angel grabbed my wrist hard, she looked at me with her beautiful eyes and I could see the sadness "Please." That's all it took for her to get me to sit down and talk. I waited for them to speak, my heart was beating fast, and somehow I knew this wasn't a good idea. Teresa held Angel's hand and looked at me "Frankie, first of all I want to say sorry, you shouldn't have found out like that. Me and your dad were going to tell you both but before we could you two started dating." My dad interrupted "Bud, me and Teresa, we're both parents, who both love our children, we didn't want or mean for anyone to get hurt. We both know what it is to have unconditional love for our offspring's."

Before they got anywhere with this talk Angel looked at me and had a tear roll down her face. That single tear broke my heart into pieces. "Can I say something? Because I can see where this is going; I don't want you to break up." I wanted to say something but instead my mouth dried up and my eyes widened. "I've already decided, looking at you two, you are perfect for each other, Daniel, you are perfect for my mum. I don't want to get in the way of that." She looked at me with her beautiful but sad eyes and I saw the pain. Teresa held her hand "Mija you don't have to do this." I wanted to get up and leave so that I could lock myself in my bedroom and never face anyone again. I felt like I couldn't move, my whole body was frozen, I couldn't even speak and I felt as though I knew where this conversation was heading. "I do, I need to do this, and I've already sent my transfer request to Harriets."

At this point tears were starting to run down my face and it wouldn't stop. I've been with other girls before but this, these indescribable emotions I have for Angel was different. I am in love and for the first time I actually was starting to admit it to myself. My dad and Teresa looked at each other and my dad so the pain I was in "Bud, I haven't felt this way in a long time, I'll always love your mother first, I'll always love her the most, I want to be happy but I can't stand seeing you in pain. Please say something". I looked into the thin air which felt like thick heavy smoke going into my lungs. "Just go." That's all I said, it's all I could say, I didn't know what to say. Angel took my hand and I immediately moved it. "Frankie, we'll always still be there for each other, except we'd be just sisters." I wiped my tears, got up, and held the rest of the tears "Just go. You will never be my mum and you will never be my sister, as for you dad, do what you want be with her, I don't care anymore." They all just sat there with nothing to say the silence was deafening so I put music on my phone, I went into the kitchen took bottles and cans of coke, the whole multipack of crisps and chocolates and took them upstairs. I then went back down to get all the take away menus and my Xbox and went upstairs to pick up all the gifts I got for Christmas. I gave Angel the three gifts I got her which were her favourite perfume set, a ring which was engraved with the date I first met her and 2 VIP tickets to say our favourite rapper Nicki Minaj. Then I handed my dad the tickets for the Arsenal chairman's box to watch the Arsenal game between Arsenal and Man United. I gave Teresa the gardening set I got her because I knew she was very into the whole organic stuff. "Here's all your Christmas presents. I'm sorry I won't be spending Christmas with anyone this year. I'm going to spend Christmas in my bedroom with lots and lots of Chinese takeaway and watch films all day and I don't care what you think or say." I walked off into my bedroom and locked it. I didn't wait around to see what they had to say.

They didn't even try to bother me on Christmas day. I liked it that way. Then the doorbell rang, I knew it wasn't my dad because I saw him go next door for Christmas lunch. I went downstairs and saw packages all in my name. I opened it and it was gifts from Teresa, Angel and my dad. There were stuff that I really wanted but I went next door and put a note saying "Thanks, much appreciated, but no thank you." I rang the doorbell and went home.

On New Year's Eve I got dressed and ready and went out to go meet Kath and Gemma since we all pretty much decided that we were going clubbing and then a house party for New Years. They knew everything they were my best friends, they felt sorry for me but they knew I didn't want sympathy from anyone. To be honest I hardly remember that night. I remember waking up on Gemma's bed with a bad hangover. As the three of us recovered Gemma started to show me all the pictures from last night which was already uploaded onto Facebook. There was a picture of me kissing Tash. "What the fuck?! When did that happen?" They both started laughing like hyenas. "Wow you must've been so fucking out of it because I still remember. She came out last night saying she's bisexual and that she's always loved you and then you kissed" this was coming from Gemma who was laughing her guts out. Kath then suddenly came out with "EWWWW! We're back to school in like 2 days you guys!"

It had me thinking about what was going to happen next.