Chapter II

"Oiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!" my eyes open from the shock of hearing Gemma and Kath shouting at me to wake up. "What the hell happened last night? We saw you go into the room with Angel!" Kath asked who looked worried "Nothing we just talked about the dance and that, it's no big deal". Gemma gave me a look so I told them about what happened. They both squealed and looked more excited than I was. The week ran on, it was a busy one because everyone had internal exams and football practice was getting harder with the rival match coming up against our biggest rivals when it comes to football, basketball, netball, lacrosse, and all the field and track events. Harriet school for girls' was our rival at everything I mean they all fight over boys from the only boy school around. When our schools meet in any event you get so entertained that you would want to get popcorn and watch it!

After a long week of surprises and work when I got home I was greeted by Logan who was growing every day and my dad. I hugged him so tight; I actually missed him. "Hey bud, how's everything been this week...All good I hope?" while he was cooking steak which smelt so good! "Yeah, finished some exams so that's outta the way and..." he put our plates on the table then my loud projectile voice turned into a mumble "I have a date to the dance". He looked at me and smiled "Oh... I see" he winked "So who's the lovely lass you asked?" I squinted "Dad, what you think I don't get asked and that I have to ask?!" he looked worried because he thought I was seriously mad then I laughed while I was cutting into my steak "believe it or not I was asked out" I had a smile on my face because of how proud I was that a beautiful girl had asked me. "Well who is it then? Not Gemma is it?" I looked at him faster than ever "Dad! No me and Gemma are just best friends! It's Angel" this time I was going red. My dad was shocked "wait Angel's gay?" I looked at him "I don't know maybe she's bi or something, apparently she's never felt this way towards someone before. I can't help that I'm irresistible" I said with a cheeky grin. "Okay big head! Does her mum know about this?" He asked looking slightly worried "Dad, don't worry she told her mum and she's cool with it".

He gave me a warm smile and said 'Well bud, as long as you're happy I am too'. I looked at him and laughed a little 'Why did you get all soppy all of a sudden?!' This time he looked as if he had something to say but he was petrified to do so. I didn't know what the fuss was all about since me and my dad had an open and very honest relationship. 'Bud, I love you... You know that right?' this time I started to worry a little 'Of course I know that Dad... What's going on?' He took my hand and I could feel his hand shaking. 'Nothing Bud, I just missed you and I wanted to make sure you know I love you that's all.' he then gave an awkward smile and hurried to his bedroom. I was confused and being honest I was extremely worried, I knew that's not what my dad wanted to tell me; there was something more to it. I figured though that I was going to do any digging and I'll wait for him to feel comfortable and sure about what he needed to say. After all they say curiosity is what killed the cat.

After the awkward evening I got into bed and put my blue skull candy headphones on and blasted out Young Folks by Bjorn and Peter. Just as I was getting into the rhythm and singing my head off my phone vibrated and I saw Angel's name flash up. It was a random text saying 'What's your favorite color' for a minute I thought to myself she cannot spell to save her life then I remembered she is use to the American spelling. We ended up spending the whole night texting each other, we were both somehow excited yet terrified of going to the dance and she also took my mind off my other worries like my dad.

6.00a.m and my alarm is already at it! The alarm had a note saying 'Wakeeeeeeeee Up! Big Day Today! Football Match and December Dance!' It must've been Angel who put that on my phone, but today was indeed a big day. Everyone at school even the ones who you'd think has no care for any school activities were pumped up for the match and the December's dance. I have to admit I am not really looking forward for the game or dance. I mean this day could practically end my social and high school life. In my head is 'Hey Frankie, no need to worry! What's the worst that could happen? Lose the match against the Harriet's and have everyone practically hate you and go to dance and humiliate yourself even further!'