Game On Mr. Tease, Game On {Chapter 4}

Chapter 4

"I want my hair like this please." I tell the hair stylist, pointing at a picture I printed off the Internet. It’s of a girl with shining black hair smiling and looking at the camera. The top half of her hair is thick, layered, and spiky but it gets thinner toward the bottom, it’s coloured with blond and pink and a side bang covers her left eye.

     "For the colours can I just leave them black?" I ask the stylist and look at her nametag that says Stacy. She nods and asks me to sit at one of the sinks so she can wash my hair, I sit at the nearest one and lay my head back thinking of what my dad’s reaction is going to be like. Or even worse, what Jason’s is. All my thoughts vanish when the warm water hits my scalp, I love warm water, and it’s so relaxing.

     My thoughts drift up to late May, when Chris and me were together and it seemed so nice at the time. Me, not really known at school, getting picked as Chris Hofflers girlfriend. Oh, how the other girls hated me, envied me, but only because I had Chris. They didn't like me, though they pretended they did a number of times, what was there to like? I was a shy punk-rock girl who usually stayed in the shadows. The only reason Chris picked me was because Sean dared me to go to school dressed up all Girly-Girly, at first I refused, but then I thought why not? And that's why he noticed me. And that 'why not' turned into me breaking up with the most popular guy in school, every girl hating on me, and Chris beating the pulp out of me (if I was on Orange, that is.). I feel the water shut off and I lift my head, Stacy wraps the towel around my head and we head toward the drying area. I look in the mirror as Stacy takes the towel off and say goodbye. So long, plain and boring, hello bold and exotic.

***

     The bright summer sun shines in my eyes as I leave the hair stylist. I have no money left for new clothes so I'm going to have to make do with the old. I take the bus to my house and run up the stairs before anyone can see my hair. Bursting into my room, I walk to my bathroom and grab my black eyeliner. I take to top off and twist the stick up, leaning in close to the mirror, I start at the inner corner of my eye and let the liner get slowly thicker towards the outer corner on my top lid. Then I apply a thin line from my outer corner to the middle on the bottom. I grab my light purple eye shadow and cover my top lids with it, once I'm done with my makeup I open my closet and find a pair of dark skinny jeans and a dark blue top that says LIFE in the middle, I grab a pair of scissors and get to work.

     After 30 minutes of cutting I end up with the back of my shirt having huge gaps in it that will show the skin on my back, and my jeans having holes in the knees. I put them both on and stand in front of my mirror. The T-shirt is tight, and shows what little boobs I actually have, and the skinny jeans make my legs look phenomenal. I smile at myself in the mirror, liking my new look. Walking out of the bathroom, I grab my phone, and head out my bedroom door. Walking down the stairs I stop at the bottom, hesitating, once I turn, my family will have full sight of me and... and... well anything can happen. Swallowing my courage, I turn seeing no one even in the living room, I breath a sigh of relief, then suck it back up again when I hear the front door slam from behind me and someone gasp. I slowly turn around and see Jason staring at me with wide eyes.

"Hey Jason..." I slowly say.   

"Alexis?"

"Um... Yeah." I look down shuffling my feet nervously.   

"What did you do?"       

"I decided to change my look a bit."

"A bit? I can't wait until dad sees this. He's going to have a fit!" I look up and see him chuckling, I laugh along with him, glad he's not yelling instead. "So, I like the hair... It's really... Big?"