𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐚 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐚

D O E N Ç A   C L A N T H R A D E M I A

"Are we not to arrive at the ball in a carriage?"

"Of course not mother"

A carriage she said. I refrained myself from snorting.

Yeah right! If I'm going to a ball against my will, I do not plan on wasting my money especially on such a frivolous activity such as a masquerade ball. I mean can you imagine?

I adjusted my black masque with lace patterns. I squinted at my reflection, I was hardly recognisable with this masque! I tucked my revolver in a leather holster around my thigh when my mother was busy teaching Glee how a proper young lady holds a fan.

I shook my head at the sight. I've already taught my sisters well!

Well... not particularly on how to hold a fan but on how to jab someone in the gut with it. Same difference.

"I hate to interrupt this extremely significant lesson that will regard of great value in a life-or-death situation but I oblige that we get going now" My mother raised an eyebrow at my snide remark so I continued "that is... if you want to make an appearance at the ball early and leave a good impression on Lady Amanda"

In under two minutes everyone was in the coach.

I smiled satisfactorily and got in myself.

The coach came to a halt and we pulled up in front of a breathtakingly beautiful panorama. It was quite the scene. There were two white pillars of intricate design on either side of an enormous and I mean enormous ball room. The outside it looked fairly like a magnificent garden. We entered through the large iron gate cast before the property.

In the centre of the garden a marble statue of Aphrodite stood, white and lilac colored flowers surrounded the spectacular sculpture.

Earnest laughter and music rung out from the ballroom which was astonishing.

Who could ever enjoy a tedious activity such as a ball?

Parents who wanted their daughters married off to the first man who looks twice in her direction. That's who.