Temptation pt.5

Temptation pt.5 

 +Rita P.O.V.+ 

It's been 2 long, lonely years and Kurtis still hasn't come out of his coma. Im so sad at times that i don't even realize im crying. My life has become sleep, eat, work, Kurtis. All my spare time is with him, watching him lay in his hospital bed. Everybody tells me i should move on but there's no way in hell that's gonna happen. So i continue to wait and wait and wait. The work that i was gonna have done on my house has been put on hold. I have Kurtis to worry about. I can't be focused on him and my house at the same time. So that'll just have to wait.

Its Saturday and i need to wash my clothes so i fall back into my old routine of late night visits to the laundry mat. I pull up and get out of my Chrysler then grab my basket and head inside. For the first time ever........ im not alone. Sitting in my usual spot, near the best two machines, is John. He looks up and smiles.

"Hey." he says.

"Hey. How are you?"

"Im good and you?"

"Stressed beyond measure." i said.

"Stress isn't good for you. Why so stressed?" he asked. I sat my basket on top the folding table and took a seat beside him.

"Well.... my boyfriend was in a car accident two years ago and he still hasn't come out of his coma. My family keeps tellin me to let him go but....... i can't. I love him way too much just to give up on him. I mean..... i know that my life has revolved around him ever since that day but..... what else can i do?"

"Ms. Smith-"

"Call me Rita."

"Rita, you can still love him and continue to live your life. You don't have to be with him 24 hours a day to prove that you love him. Do you really think that he would want you to put your life on hold so that you could spend it babysittin him? Would you want him to give up on life if it was you who was in a coma?"

I thought about it.

"I guess not."

"Rita im not sayin give up on him completely, just live your life at the same time."

"You're right. I guess i don't have to visit every day. But I'll never give up. You can be sure of that."

"Good." He smiled. 

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

It's been a couple weeks now and i visit Kurtis three times a week. He still hasn't so much as moved an inch but i still have hope. John has become a good friend and somebody who i can talk to when im sad. He's like my best friend. He always has encouraging words to offer when i feel down. He's a total sweetheart. Through getting to know him, i know that he's been married once but his wife died of a brain tumor. He was adopted by an older Mexican couple so he speaks fluent Spanish. No kids, one dog, owns a condo but it has no laundry room (ironic right?), owns his contracting business, he's 29, mixed with Brazilian, a Leo, a good dancer, goes to church, has a very good singing voice, very chill and laid back, huge music head, real, at times, silly, and just really an all-around good guy. Oh and he's never touched alcohol or drugs in his life, and he hates when women use curse words. I learned that the hard way. We hang out together a lot and he's almost always the last person i talk to before i go to sleep. I can truly say, he's been my backbone through all of my stress with tryna live my life and take care of Kurtis at the same time.

Laundromat Blues 1On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara