Chapter One • A Heated Match

Park Jimin knew that he could be stupid, at times. Sensibility had never really been one of his strongest traits. He was hot-headed and impulsive and didn't like to preoccupy himself with possible consequences. However, never in his seventeen years of existence did he ever think his mild stupidity could lead him down to this very moment.

It should've been a dead giveaway that what he was doing was fucking absurd. Instead, he had let it happen. Instead of stopping whatever unreasonable thing they had triggered between them, he had given in to it.

Only after he was left to collect his dignity from the dirty floor did he stare at the cracked mirror and cursed himself, cringing at the sight of big, red spots covering his neck and collarbones.

"How the fuck did this happen...?"

··✧༺·•✾•·༻✧··

𝙄𝙨𝙚𝙪𝙡 𝙃𝙞𝙜𝙝 𝙎𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙡 • 𝙎𝙚𝙤𝙪𝙡

Sweat dripped down his forehead as he ran through the court, the sounds of shoes squeaking on the floor and the bounce of the orange ball ringing in his ears. A quick glance to his right and he's thrusting the ball to his teammate, who swiftly breaks from the opposing team's offense and jumps to make his shot.

The ball hits the hoop and bounces off the court and the sound of a whistle signals the end of the game.

"Come on, guys, we can do better than that! Let's go again." The captain of the basketball team urges as he lifts his shirt to wipe the sweat away.

One of the players approaches him, puppy eyes on display as he drags his feet across the gym floor. "But Jimin, we've been practicing for hours now... We're tired as shit." He whines. "My knees are hurting."

Jimin scoffs, a glare thrown at the player. "You guys want a break?! After that miserable match, you really think you deserve it?" He clicks his tongue, annoyed as the other team members all lower their heads in shame. "The qualifications for the tournament are in two months, Taehyung! We can't afford breaks when we're this far behind!"

Jimin didn't usually like raising his voice at his teammates, most especially Taehyung, who also played a major role as his best friend outside the court, but the truth had to be said. They weren't ready and they needed to be if they ever hoped to make it to the tournament.

"Please, just give us at least ten minutes." Taehyung begged, hands clinging to the captain's arm. "Please, Jiminie..."

A sigh left his lips. "Alright, fine. Ten minutes, then we're going back to practice." He warned, to which the others nodded.

Taehyung beamed and skipped away to the bench to grab his water bottle, practically downing everything in one go. Jimin casually sat down next to him, his hands clasped together in anxiousness.

"You know, we're doing our best here, Jimin." Taehyung mumbled, setting aside the now empty bottle. "I know I'm not exactly the best but I've been practicing a lot too. All of us have. You even said so yourself, my defense is getting better."

Jimin ran a shaky hand through his soft dark locks. "I know, I know..." He acknowledged with a nod. "It's just... Ugh."

He heard a light chuckle leave the younger's mouth.

"You really are stressed about the qualifications, huh?" He teased, a smile pulling at his lips.

Jimin all but groaned at his friend's words, his stomach twisting in ways that had him sick. "Don't even start."

Taehyung had that stupid grin on his stupid pretty face and Jimin felt a sudden urge to punch him, though he'd never really have the guts to so he simply glared at the condescending way his best friend was looking at him.