nineteen

Gun shots

Gun shots. The only thing Alex could hear was gun shots. Her heart pounded against her chest. It felt like she couldn't breathe. She didn't know where the bullets where coming from or who they were hitting. Alex crawled over to where Brian was, knowing that she would be safer with him than by herself. She stayed behind him, gripping the back of Brian's shirt tightly. She stayed low until the gun shots stopped, obeying Brian's words. Quickly, Brian jumped up.

"C'mon, let's go. Hurry!" Brian ordered, helping her up. He grabbed her hand tightly and led her to Campos's large hummer, bringing the gun with him. Brian opened the door for her and she crawled in the back seat. She searched the area for Dom and let out a breath of relief when she saw that he was okay. He was throwing punches at someone but Alex couldn't see who it was because they were on the ground. Brian got in the drivers seat and started the car. He drove it over to Dom.

"DOM GET IN!" Brian yelled. Dom ignored him. Alex pursed her lips.

"Now is not a good time to be stubborn, get in the car Dom!" Alex yelled at him. Dom looked back at her then threw another punch. Alex looked at him confused. Why wouldn't he just get in the damn car?

"Get in! Come on! DOM GET IN THE FUCKING CAR," Brian yelled loudly, his voice sounding angrier than before. Alex jumped at the tone of his voice. She had never heard him like that before. It was kind of hot though, she couldn't lie. Dom started walking over to the car, taking his sweet time. His eyes searched the area for Fenix but he couldn't find him.

"DOM!" Alex shouted, urging him to pick up the pace. He finally reached the car and got inside. Alex slumped back in her seat, her heart still racing. She ran a shaky hand through her hair as they sped off from the mess Dom had just created. She hit her head on the head rest.

They were so screwed.

Alex lost track of how long they drove around for. When the vehicle came to a halt, Alex quickly sat up in her seat. Brian parked the Hummer underneath an overpass bridge, giving them some cover and time to figure things out. The trio exited the car. Dom walked over to the trunk while Brian walked away from the car. He pulled his phone out and dialed his boss's number. He took a deep breath before pressing the call button.

Alex leaned against the side of the car, her arms folded over her chest. She could hear Brian quietly talking to someone on the phone. She tried to listen in on what they were saying but she couldn't hear much. Alex looked down at her feet out of boredom. She was getting tired of standing around waiting while they tried to come up with something. She froze when she spotted a small trail of blood leading to the back of the Hummer. Her eyes widened and she quickly looked over at Brian, wanting to see if he was the one bleeding. Her eyes wandered over his body. It wasn't him.

At first, Brian was confused, but when he saw Alex practically run to Dom, he knew something was wrong. He spotted the blood trail and immediately hung up the phone, not caring that he was going to be in so much trouble for that. He was already in trouble, a little bit more wasn't going to do anything. Dom was simply standing there, staring at the contents of the Hummer. It was a shit ton of drugs.

"So this is what sixty million dollars looks like," Dom said nonchalantly, glancing over at the two. Alex got close to Dom and started inspecting him for wounds. Alex walked around him and looked at his back since his front side was clean. She gasped when she saw a bullet hole in his jacket. Blood was slowly dripping down from it and onto the concrete beneath him.

"Dom! You got shot! Why didn't you tell me about this sooner, you idiot?" Alex demanded, turning him to face her. She smacked his arm and frowned at him. Dom shrugged.

"We gotta get you to a doctor, man," Brian told him, taking a small step forward. Alex glanced back at him, shaking her head.

"No, no doctors. That's too dangerous, he could get caught. I can fix you up. I might not have went to medical school long, but I can clean and stitch a wound. We need to do this somewhere that is semi-sterile and where I would have the right supplies," Alex explained. Dom nodded.

"We gotta find somewhere to hide this first," Dom said, nodding towards the Hummer. Alex huffed in annoyance. She needed to look at that wound as soon as possible.

"I got a spot."

The three of them got back into the Hummer

The three of them got back into the Hummer. Brian drove them to a police impound lot. Alex raised an eyebrow as they pulled up. Dom glanced back at his sister, who shared the same concerned look he did. The car stopped at the entrance and a police officer walked up to the car. Brian flashed his badge at the man.

"Five-oh-two wet reckless, I need a twenty-four hour hold," Brian said. Alex and Dom laid low, playing it casual. Dom avoided eye contact with the officer in case he recognized him.

"Out back. Any spot you can find," The officer spoke. Brian nodded and pulled forward. It took him a few minutes to find an empty spot. Once he did, he parked it and the three of them got out.

"Are you sure about this?" Dom asked. He still wasn't too comfortable with this idea.

"Yeah. The last place they'll check? Their own impound yard. Trust me," Brian reassured with a small smirk. Alex shot him a look. She found herself thinking, we both did that last time and look what happened. She started to get annoyed with herself. He had practically saved her life back there and she was being bitter about the past. She started walking away. The two boys followed. They all walked at the same pace. Alex shoved her hands in the pockets of her leather jacket.

"You know, I've been thinking.. When you blew up your car back there, you blew up mine too," Brian said, breaking the awkward silence. Alex's car had gotten blown up too, but it felt like the least of her worries right now.

"Yeah?" Dom asked, glancing over at Brian. Alex looked at Brian too, her gaze lasting a little longer. They made eye contact. Part of him was saying just stay away from her so you can't hurt her anymore and the other part of him told him wrap her up in your arms and never let her go.

"Yeah," Brian repeated, breaking his train of thought. "Now you owe me a ten second car," He added with a smirk. Alex chuckled. It reminded her of the good ol' days. They continued walking together.

"Is that right?" Dom asked, shooting a sideways glance at Brian. Brian nodded.

"Yeah," Brian said again, his smirk widening.

"Since you blew up mine, does that mean you owe me one now too?" Alex asked her brother, smirking. Dom smiled and shook his head at the girl. She was just messing around with him, she wasn't that concerned with her car.

"I owe everybody ten second cars now?" Dom asked jokingly. A few moments later, Dom led the two over to a 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX. Dom used his non-injured arm and broke the driver's side window with his elbow. The glass fell to the floor. Dom opened up the door for Brian, then looked at him with a smug smile. "Now we're even."