sixteen

Because Dom was the one to win the race, he got to have a private meeting with Campos to go over the details of what Braga expected

Because Dom was the one to win the race, he got to have a private meeting with Campos to go over the details of what Braga expected. Dom's original plan didn't include Alex, but once the girl sets her mind to something, there's no sense in trying to stop her. It would just be a waste of breath. She got that from their father. Dom knew he needed to do something to get Alex in on this, so he worked his charm on Gisele and got Alex a spot as one of Braga's racers. Plus, Campos liked Alex so he didn't mind too much.

Alex adjusted her top as she followed Dom through the crowded club. The atmosphere made her uncomfortable. When she was younger, she used to love places like this, but now not so much. There's too many sweaty people with no sense of personal space. Dom nudged Alex when he spotted a familiar face over at one of the pool tables. Brian.

"Great," Alex mumbled, feeling her breath catch in her throat when she followed her brother's gaze. She didn't understand how seeing Brian could literally take her breath away yet make her want to cry at the same time. She kept telling herself that she hated Brian, but deep down, she knew it wasn't true. Even after everything he had done to her and her family, Alex couldn't bring herself to hate him.

Brian felt a pair of eyes on him. He looked up, instantly making eye contact with Alex. He wasn't expecting to see her here but he was glad to see her. It just gave him an excuse to spend more time with her. Alex quickly looked away, breaking eye contact. She walked to the bar.

"Two Coronas please," Alex said to the bartender, sitting down on one of the bar stools. Having Brian here was just going to make everything so much more difficult. This was already hard enough as it is. Alex felt someone brush against her shoulder. Based on the feeling she got when their skin came in contact, she knew it was Brian.

"Sorry to hear about Dwight," Brian spoke. Dwight - one of the other drivers - had gotten arrested, thanks to Brian, and could no longer work for Braga. So, Brian filled his place. "The night you get your house raided by the feds, you make the team. So unfortunate," Brian added with a mischievous smirk on his face. He sat himself in between the two Toretto siblings.

"I wonder who's to blame for that," Alex said, smiling a sarcastic smile as she turned to face the two men beside her. Dom chuckled at her words. It was difficult for him to be around Brian so Dom could only imagine what Alex was feeling right now. He was well aware of how she felt about him, even if she didn't want to admit it. He could tell simply by the way that she looked at him. That's the way that Letty used to look at him.

Brian looked at Alex for a moment. He wondered how he had managed to go so long without seeing that beautiful face. He had missed her so much.

"I couldn't say I'm surprised to see you here," Dom told Brian. The bartender handed the two siblings their beers. Alex smiled as a way of saying thank you. She picked it up and took a swig. "There's only one thing keeping me from telling Campos you're a cop." Brian turned his attention towards Dom.

"It's probably the same thing that's keeping me from telling him why you're really here," Brian countered, shooting Dom a look. Alex shook her head. Dom picked his Corona up and took a drink.

Across the room, Campos spotted his three drivers and practically ran to them. He was happy to see them.

"Aye, what up fellas?" Campos said, slapping the two males on the back in a friendly manner. He then looked down at Alex. "You got some balls chica! I'm glad we were able to fit you in. I like having you around," He said to Alex, a smirk playing at his lips. His eyes wandered up and down her body. Alex grew uncomfortable. She didn't appreciate him practically undressing her with his eyes. Brian, who noticed this discomfort, stood up.

"Hey man, how you doing?" Brian said, taking the attention away form Alex. Alex silently thanked Brian. Campos looked at the blonde and smile. They gave each other a 'bro' hug.

"I'm doin' great! You having fun?" Campos asked, looking at the three people that stood there with him. Brian nodded. I don't think I would consider this fun, Alex thought.

"Yeah. We're havin' a great time," Brian replied, resting his arm atop of Alex's shoulder. She quickly grabbed her beer and took another swig to hide any emotion she felt from the skin-to-skin contact she and Brian were making. She knew he was doing it to help convince Campos he was being truthful but part of her felt comforted by the gesture.

"Come on, let's have an even better time," Campos said, slowly backing away with a grin plastered across his face. The two siblings grabbed their beers and followed Campos, Brian trialing behind them. They all sat down in a slightly more private area. It was much easier to hear now. Alex took a seat next to Dom. Brian sat across from her, giving the two a perfect view of each other, which is something Alex wanted to avoid. It was getting harder and harder to deny her feelings. They sat there silently. Campos noticed this tension between his guests.

"Do you three know each other?" Campos asked, almost smiling. Alex was curious as to what the two would say in response to him. She grabbed her Corona and took a sip.

"He used to date my sister," Dom answered, glancing at Alex. Alex awkwardly cleared her throat. She looked away from the small group of people, beginning to feel embarrassed. Brian kept his eyes on Alex.

"I see," Campos said, an amused look on his face. He looked over at Brian. "You're a lucky man." Campos opened the bottle of vodka he held in his hands. There were four shot glasses on the table in front of him. He poured the alcohol into each of the shot glasses.

"Hows that?" Brian asked, turning his head to face Campos. Campos simply chuckled and handed his guests a shot glass. Alex downed the shot quickly, squinting her eyes at the feeling of the alcohol burning its way down her throat. She set the glass back on the table so it could be filled up again. Alex was going to need a lot more of those if she wanted to get through tonight.

"You're still breathing," Campos replied in a joking tone. It was clear that Dom cared a lot about his sister. Dom laughed. He's not wrong, Dom thought. Brian took the shot. The two ex-lovers stayed silent. Alex did her best to avoid eye contact with Brian. She really didn't want to talk about their past relationship right now. She could feel Brian's eyes on her. He couldn't help it. Brian began to feel angry. Why did he have to ruin what he and Alex had going for them? Why did he have to ruin so many peoples lives? Brian knew he couldn't change the past, but if he was given the chance, he would do so many things different. Alex hates him and he's just going to have to learn to live with it.

But he doesn't want to.

Brian wants to change that. He doesn't want Alex to hate him anymore. It kills him to see the sad expression on her face whenever he's near. He didn't know what he could do to make her forgive him. He wasn't sure if it was even possible. It's a long shot, but Brian wanted to try. There's not a day that goes by that Alex doesn't occupy his mind. She's the one that he wants to grow old with. He can't just let her go. Not again.

"Well, this is awkward. I'm gonna go get another drink. Anyone want anything while I'm up there?" Alex asked, snapping Brian back to reality. He almost forgot that he was surrounded by other people. He needed to set his feelings aside for the moment and focus on taking down Braga.

"I'll take another beer," Dom told his younger sister. Alex nodded at him and stood up. She looked at the other two men to see if they wanted anything but they shook their heads. Alex walked off to the bar, Brian watching her leave.