01. Blond Adonis.

Start from the beginning

         I took another sip of the hot tea and craned my head against the wall in satisfaction.  God, I hope I have time to complete at least half of the work I have planned. 

        I resisted going back to the bedroom after I completed my cup.  I took a t-shirt and jeans which I had stashed in the lower cabinet of the T.V. stand.  I was using that as my closet anyway because my lovely roommate stole all my space in the cupboard inside the bedroom.

       I quickly ran downstairs, took the milk and newspaper kept for us at the entrance of the building, and said hello to a few of the neighbors who crossed me, going on about their business. 

      I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth while I waited for the water in the shower to turn warm.  After scrubbing myself clean, I dried myself with a towel and bent down to take my underwear from under the sink.  I pushed myself into low-rise jeans and a t-shirt so old that the wording in the front was completely erased. 

         I left the restroom and headed back to the kitchen from where I heard the bedroom door open, so, I immediately made myself busy and made my breakfast.  Taking a bowl, I poured some oats in it and milk and sprinkled a little cinnamon powder, and topped it off with some almonds.
After placing it in the microwave, I started methodically cleaning the kitchen, like I was always taught. 

      And went about to say good morning to the two love birds.  They were cuddling on the couch, whispering to each other in hushed tones and smiling, it brought a weird pang to my chest.  It was not like I was jealous of their relationship it’s just that I once hoped that I would get someone to look at me the way they both look at each other.  Caring and in love.  But I burnt it to ashes even before I hit puberty, men can be assholes sometimes.   

       They both waved at me.

        “You could have resisted the urge to have sex until I left the room.”
I scolded. 

       “No kick in that.  It’s just, the dirty talking got me all hot and bothered and the extra effect of you waking up and us getting caught is half of the thrill.”  My roommate, Livya, purred. 

      I fake gagged.  “It’s not like you minded before.  And what do you mean by getting caught?  It’s not like I am going to complain to someone.  Or…is it like some weird foreplay?” 

      Michael opened his mouth but I thought better of it.  I don’t want to know if they have some weird kink.

       “No, thank you.”  I scrambled from the living room and back to the kitchen, their laughter followed me which made me smile as the microwave beeped right on time.   

       I carefully took out the hot bowl and added some more cinnamon powder before eating a spoonful.  I mentally took note of everything I had to do that day as I got ready for one of many jobs. 

…….

      Waving goodbye to the couple on the couch, I went downstairs with renewed energy.  My steps were fast and confident.  I heard Billy, an orange tabby cat that had taken up an interest in this street, meow and it stalked towards me.  I crouched down and gave him a good rub.

        “Is my Billy feeling like being part of the family?”  I asked the scowly cat in an obnoxious voice. 

        He suddenly escaped my hands and ran towards the dumpster like he felt that I was going to take him away from his paradise. 

        I got up with a laugh and walked towards the end of the road to catch the timed bus.  After I boarded the bus, I took out my phone and started scrolling through job listings, and sent my resume to a couple of them which I would be comfortable doing.