Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Aiden-

I woke up, and my first sight was that of Simon in just his boxers, heading into my bathroom. Unrest stirred inside me. My fears were starting to be confirmed.

We stopped by his house on the way to school so that he could get a change of clothes. As he ran inside, I got a glimpse of something unusual in my peripheral vision. There was a moving van in the driveway of the house next to Simon's. The back of it was already halfway empty. Two women were moving in a couch. I got out of my car and walked over to them.

"Need any help?" I asked.

"Well, sure!" one of the women exclaimed.

I grabbed under the couch and helped them manuever it into the house. We set it down in the spacious living room.

"Thanks so much deary," The kind faced brunette said.

"It was no problem," I said.

"I'm Tammy, and this is my partner, Jenna," the brunette said, looking over at the blonde woman.

"Partner?" it slipped out of my mouth.

"Yes, dear. We are lesbians," she said.

Oh.

"Okay," I said slowly.

"We just started moving in last night and wanted to finish this morning. We're from New York City," Jenna said.

"Nice to meet you, and welcome to Springfield. I'm Aiden Gray," I said, shaking hands with the both of them.

"Do you live in that brick house next door?" Tammy asked.

"Oh no. I live a couple blocks away. That's my best friend's house," I explained.

Tammy eyed me. "How old are you?"

"Seventeen," I answered.

Her face brightened. "We've got a boy about our age! Caleb, get down here!" she yelled.

"A son??" I asked.

"From my marriage many years ago. I wasn't always a lesbian," Tammy said with a wink at Jenna.

"Caleb!" Tammy called again.

There was no answer.

"Oh that boy. Just because he's eighteen now, he thinks he can just sleep all day but I won't allow him to be late to his first day of senior year at a new school," Tammy said, disappearing up the stairs.

"Would you like some coffee?" Jenna asked.

"No thanks," I said politely.

Within moments, clunky footsteps were heard coming down the stars.

The boy looked intimidating. He wore ripped and worn out jeans and dark black combat boots. His shirt was red plaid with the sleeves pushed up, over a white wife beater. He wore a spiky black studded bracelet on his wrist. His dark brown hair hung in his dark complected face and his eyes were very dark, set on mine.

"You're giving me a ride, chauffeur boy, cause my trucks in the shop," he grunted.

All I could do was nodd.

"Don't be rude, Caleb! This is the nice boy, Aiden Gray," Tammy said.

Caleb only shrugged, grabbed his bag, and headed out the door.

We made our way to my car where Simon was already waiting.

"Where you been?" he asked me, eyeing Caleb uneasily.

"You've got new neighbors, and this is their son, Caleb, a senior," I said.

Then I turned to Caleb and pointed at Simon, "This is Simon."

Caleb didn't say anything. He just hopped into the driver's seat.

"What are you doing?" I demanded.

"Get in, else I'll leave without you," he said darkly.

I hopped in the backseat, praying that he wasn't a reckless driver and wondering who the hell this guy actually was.