𝐭𝐰𝐨. 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

Ichigo has seen Hollows before. Ever since she was nine years old, she could see them. She only knew them as evil spirits, mostly because no one would tell her what they were other than that they were a type of spirit.

After her mother's death, Ichigo made sure to ingrain the difference between a normal spirit and a Hollow in her mind. From physical appearance to voice to presence.

Karin started seeing spirits when she turned seven. Yuzu was able to sense them and see an outline at nine. Ichigo didn't take any chances and made sure to teach the twins the difference.

"Let go of my sister, you ugly bitch!" Ichigo shouts in fury as she sprints towards the Hollow that had invaded her home.

"Ichi-nē!" Yuzu cries out in pain and worry when Ichigo is slapped to the side. Ichigo barely has time to block her face, an open palm pointed at the wall she was quickly hurtling towards.

"Affligo*!" A silver glow streaks across the wall with spiderweb cracks before Ichigo slams into the wall. It falls underneath her like glass, only causing cuts all across her side and arms.

"Onēchan! Molliare*!" Yuzu calls out and throws out her hand. Blood bursts out from sudden cracks along her fingers, but manages to make Ichigo come to a cushioned stop. Ichigo grunts as she drops to the ground like a ragdoll, landing on the street.

"Thank you, Yuzu..." Ichigo slowly stands up from the street, glancing over the clean and sharp cuts across her arms.

"Stay away from Onēchan, you monster!" Yuzu shouts loudly, grabbing the wrist of her injured hand in a desperate grip. "Stupefy*!"

"Yuzu! Don't!" Ichigo rushes back towards her house. The Hollow roars loudly and turns its back on Ichigo and the hole it had created when throwing her. Yuzu screams again when the Hollow grabs her.

Ichigo holds out both hands with a sneer. "Carpe Retractum*!"

A rope of light explodes out of her palms and quickly wraps around the torso of the Hollow. It roars in fury as it is forcefully flown back towards Ichigo.

"Like Hell I'd let you harm my sisters!" Ichigo snarls as the Hollow gets closer. She growls under her breath when the Hollow forces itself to a stop, dragging its feet through the front yard. Ichigo notices its arm had been cut off before it suddenly disappears through a weird portal.

"Where in the Eight Veils did it go?" Ichigo shakes off her thoughts and sprints towards where Yuzu was laying on the destroyed yard.

"Yuzu? Yuzu!" Ichigo gently tries to shake Yuzu awake before she checks for her pulse.

"You fool! What were you thinking, going after that Hollow?! You can't defeat it!" The Shinigami scolds in a harsh iciness. Ichigo sneers at the spirit before focusing back on her little sister.

"It went after my family! I would've found a way to defeat it!" The magic inside of her goes haywire in panic and anger, attempting to escape.

Ichigo instinctively beats it down, the grass below her getting singed from the little amount of magic that managed to escape. Everything was happening too fast and she didn't want another problem added to the clusterfuck.

"No, you wouldn't have! You would have just risen the number of victims by one," The Shinigami states angrily, glaring down at the orange haired teenager.

Ichigo grits her teeth and meets the glare with one of her own. "Why did it even go after my family? Why couldn't you find it and be done with it?"

"Like I said before, something was hindering my senses. Hollows follow after strong traces of reiatsu. I had not realized until I had opened your door that your reiatsu was the one luring the Hollow here. I should have realized something was amiss when I couldn't sense much from inside your room," The Shinigami explains, mostly talking to herself.