Vol. 1 Chapter 7: Trial

Start from the beginning

"Let's begin" with a grin I closed the distance.

Liam's POV

What's wrong with this old timer? Duel? What kind of farce is that...The subordinates of this pedo archbishop seems trying to stop this runaway old timer however he silenced them. Are you sure? The words I wanted to say on him but he said "Let's begin" and instantly appeared in my view as if he was teleported. Unable to defend myself on his right swing I was blown meters away then while mid air he continued his pursuit, aiming at my landing point. Seeing this i decidedly to forcefully land by stabbing my rifle on ground, after firmly standing on ground I charged up my legs and immediately accelerated towards him and tried to send a kick but he jumped over me, stomping my head with a force that smashed my face on ground.

"You damn pedophile!"

I got up to retaliate but he didn't himself so I ran straight ahead and tried to punch him once and for all, sending a straight punch to his annoying face but I painfully got countered on the face with a left hook. 'shit!' I'm faster than him but why I can't touch him! Wait?! He is not fast but he is disappearing? No that's not it! He is teleporting!

To confirm my claims, I sent out a lousy kick but it only hits the air and thus this geezer mocked me "What kind of kick is that? Boy?" He grinned irritatingly.

Fuckers!

I immediately aim my rifle and fired it like crazy on the old timer but it got emptied without hitting the old geezer as he disappeared rather too quickly for me to hit anything, the reaction speed is ridiculous to evade and teleport for safety from the hail of bullets I've unleashed. Due to uselessness of the long range capability of my rifle, I activated it's razor bayonet in mind of hacking this person in half.

"Stay cool boy? Can't you even properly aim?."

He really irritates me as I charged and forcefully swing my rifle with a bayonet attachment on the geezer. But he disappeared once again and appeared on my heels then unleashed a kick sending me few meters away head first on the ground.

"Kuuuuhhh! Shit!" I groaned as this person are way too much for me to handle.

"Giving up?" The geezer speaks up "Like the hell I would." Then I stand up in attempt to floor the ass of this irritating pest.

"You are too prone in provocation... Are you even sure that you manage to defeated a high orc king with that mindset and lack of combat experience? After all I noticed your kick and punch despite the power they carried, is all but amateurish."

Shit... This geezer even managed to assess my combat abilities and my lack of experience on this battle? Isn't he is an archbishop? How and why the fuck he is strong?.

"Mind hearing your response?." Smiled at me, then broke of this poker face for the first time. "Does you know the consequences on what you've done?." Then he let out strange aura on this body. The heck is that?

"On what--." Before i could finish my response, he appeared on my side with roundhouse kick.

"You Bastard!." I tried to fire a left swing but he managed to evade it and catch my arms then threw me away.

"Here you go again.... You can't even properly control your emotions" then he sighed. "Do you know if someone messed with the oracle will be immediately punished and the next trial will be worsened, I don't much have an idea but... On the texts of ancient manuscript, a princess defied the oracle given to her to marry a prince but she chose a commoner instead and the consequences--a war happened."

What the heck you're talking about? Of course, there would be a war if the princess chose the plebian over a prince you know? "Isn't it obvious? If the princess didn't marry that prince there would be a war right?."