thirty two.

if you're enjoying the book, consider voting for the chapters to show support <3

enjoy :))

——

— camilo's pov! —

I finally reach the casita, huffing a bit as I wander around aimlessly. I soon wander into the kitchen, spotting my tia coming up with dishes to make for tonight, my tio examining the herbs as she lists off foods.

"Oh, hola Camilo," My tia Julietta greets, my tio Aguatin smiles, waving at me as I pass by them. "Hola," I reply, "Would you happen to know where Dolores is?" I ask, looking at them as I reach for some of the masa dough my tia left out.

"No, but check her room," My tia says, patting down her skirt as she notices my hand reaching for the masa dough. She quickly and playfully slaps my hand away, holding a wooden spoon up to me. "You already know you can't be stealing food, especially uncooked masa dough! You'll be able to have dinner in a while, you can wait," My tia scolds, waving the spoon around as she talks.

I huff, "Pero tengo hambre!" I whine. My tio laughs, "Amor, I'll make him a quick snack, you focus on the dishes," My tio says, gently nudging me out of the kitchen. "I'll make you some taquitos, but that's it! Okay?" My tio asks, to which I nod. Agustin smiles before walking into the kitchen, waving me off as he starts cooking.

"I'll call you when it's ready," He calls out, to which I reply, "Okay, gracias!"

I rush up the stairs towards Dolores' room, knocking once on the door. I wait a bit, Dolores finally opening up the door and staring at me, "Hm?"

I roll up my sleeves, quickly pointing at Dolores, "(Y/n) told me that YOU know how she feels about me!" I say, to which Dolores shrugs, "Do I know?" She asks herself, trying to discreetly close the door.

I notice and gently push against the door, keeping it open enough for me to walk into her room and towards her, "C'mon! Just tell me! I'll give you a taquito! Just tell me how she feels about me!" I plead, pulling on Dolores' skirt as she tries to back away from me.

"Tell you what?" She asks, attempting to pull her skirt out of my hold. I huff, "You know how (Y/n) feels about me, so tell me!" I huff, to which Dolores shrugs.

"I don't know what you mean," She says, staring at me as she continues to tug her skirt out of my hold. "Fine! If you won't tell me, I'll force it out!" I say, scrambling onto Dolores' bed and positioning myself to jump on her and tackle her.

"CaMILO nO," Dolores screams, quickly moving out of the way as I jump, causing me to crash land onto the floor rather than my sister. I groan, picking myself up before looking back at Dolores.

"Ya! Cálmate!" Dolores says, holding her hands up, "Mirabel also knows, why not ask her?" She asks, crossing her arms.

"Mirabel and (Y/n) are close, she'd probably tell her how I feel or that I even asked!" I say. Dolores sighs, "You need to tell that girl how you feel, Camilo!" Dolores says, "You're only torturing yourself by trying to find out indirectly, just be straightforward," Dolores finishes, opening her door and attempting to nudge me out.

I shake my head, trying to stop myself from being pushed out as Dolores nudges me out her room.
"Just tell me!" I plead once more, giving Dolores my best puppy eyes.

Dolores rolls her eyes, "No," She says bluntly, closing her door on me once I'm fully out. I turn around, ready to try and wiggle my way back into her room before Dolores opens the door again, holding up a finger to my face, "Do not come into my room," She says sternly, giving me her most serious eyes.

I smirk, standing exactly one inch outside of her room. My chanclas nearly touching her door frame. "Get out of my room," Dolores says, walking over to sit on her bed as she stares at me.

"I'm not in your room," I reply, standing stiffly as I give Dolores a wide smile. "Get out of the area of my room!" Dolores demands, growing slightly impatient. "This is the hallway, it isn't your room," I reply, my grin growing wider as Dolores noticeably gets more and more annoyed.

Dolores and I stare at each other in awkward silence for a bit, my sister soon opening her mouth as she covers her ears, "Papa!" She calls out. I immediately rush off, almost tripping as I run into my room, leaving the door ajar.

I giggle to myself mischievously, soon exiting my room and walking downstairs after I hear tio Agustin call out to me, "Camilo, your food is ready!"

——

camilo is definitely the type to be an annoying little brother with the

iM nOt iN yOuR rOoM