Chapter 11

A tennis ball is heard being passed back and forth in the tennis court, Light is bent down to get his tennis racket out. (Y/n) is currently sitting on the bench, as Light wanted her to watch him play. "I didn't know you could play tennis Ryu" (Y/n) said to L, who is standing next to her.

"Well, the more you know, right?" L said, making Light speak up, "I'm also surprised, that you even suggested playing tennis with me," Light said. When they started walking towards the next court, Light made sure to drag (Y/n) along. "Did you know how good I am at tennis?" Light asks, making (Y/n) curious.

"Oh! Now I remember, back in England, you used to be the British Junior Champian!" (Y/n) pointing out, recalling the memory of always losing to him. "I will be rooting for you both!" (Y/n) said as she steps to the side to let them play a single set, the first one too6 wins.

'This is just a friendly game of tennis nothing more... In it of itself, it won't determine if Light is Kira' L thought. "Oh, I was thinking, as a prize, one of us gets to take (Y/n) on a date," Light said with a smirk. 'This is no longer a friendly game... This will determine who gets (Y/n)' they both thought.

As the match goes on, they started to gather a crowd from outside the tennis court. "Yeah! Go Light! Go Ryu!" (Y/n) cheered, not noticing the blushes she caused on the two males. This causes L to miss one of the tennis balls, he got distracted by (Y/n)'s cheering.

"Hey lady! Get off the tennis court! You're distracting them!" Someone in the crowd yelled, this causes more of the kids to join them. "Yeah! Get off the court!" Some people said, "you're ruining a perfectly good match between professionals!" Others yelled.

This causes L to stop in his tracks to pick up the ball, and for Light to stop being in his defense mod. Both males started to glare at the crowd. "Don't tell her what to do, we allowed her to be on the court" they both said menacingly, making the crowd back up in fear.

"You can keep cheering for us, don't worry, you didn't distract me" L lied to (Y/n), only because he wants her to cheer for him. "Yeah (Y/n), don't stop cheering, I think it's helping me" Light encourages her, making her blush at his compliment. "A-Alright!" (Y/n) said with a smile, making the two males happy and resume their game.

'We aren't friends, but if anyone bullies (Y/n), they are dead' they both thought, agreeing on something. "Game and set, won by Light Yagami!" The referee announced, while (Y/n) cheered. "You were both so cool!" (Y/n) said, bouncing up to them to compliment them, making them blush more.

When walking away from the University, she is between Light and L, both her arms linked to one of their arms. "So, I guess that means I won us a date (Y/n)" Light announced to her. "I-I didn't agree to that!" (Y/n) says stubbornly, making Light chuckle at her reaction.

"I want to cut in and say something to you, Light Yagami, and I want you to hear as well (Y/n)" L said, cutting into their conversation. "What is it?" Light asks, while (Y/n) looks at Ryu curiously, "I suspect that you, Light Yagami, are in fact Kira" L said bluntly "now if you still want to ask me something, please go ahead".

This causes Light to stop in his tracks, he played it off cool by giving a chuckle, "you think I'm Kira?" Light asks L. "Well, when I say I suspect you, it's only a 1% possibility," L says casually. "Now, once I verify you are in fact, not Kira, I would like you to join me and (Y/n) in this investigation," L says, announcing that (Y/n) is on the force.

'What? My Goddess is on the task force? Wait... That means...' Light thought, figuring out pretty quickly that she knows he is Kira. Light made sure to keep (Y/n) by his side while L walks away, he will wait till he is alone with (Y/n) to confront her. They eventually arrive at a coffee shop, Light and L are across from each other, while (Y/n) is at the head of the table.

'Oh God, he knows... He knows... Is he going to kill me? Why did L rat me out like that?' (Y/n) contemplated, trying to keep a calm face while drinking her coffee. She drowned out the two's conversations, contemplating her life's decisions, trying to figure out how to convince Light to not kill her.

Suddenly two phones go off, snapping (Y/n) out of her thoughts, both L and Light looked surprised. "Light it's your..." L started, "my father..." Light finishes "he had a heart attack". They rushed to the hospital, Light never got a chance to talk to (Y/n) in private, now they are sitting near Soichiro's hospital bed.