Chapter 22

While (Y/n) is walking with L, apparently heading towards the cafeteria without Light, a phone started ringing. L is holding up the phone with a smile on his face, then answered it. "Yes?... Hello?" L asks, "what do you mean hello?" Light asks with hate, "oh! Is that you Light? I guess someone must have dropped this phone in all the commotion earlier on" L said, pretending like he didn't just steal Misa's phone.

'He took it, bastard!' Light thought, remembering the scene when (Y/n)'s butt got touched, who was right next to Misa. "Uh... Hello?" L asks after some silence, "yeah, that's Misa's cellphone you have" Light said, walking towards L. "I can give it back to her" Light said, standing right behind L.

"Oh! I see, I'm sure that makes sense" L said, hanging up the phone he stole, turning towards Light to hand him the phone. L then started walking away, dragging (Y/n) along by grabbing her hand. Suddenly another phone goes off, this time it is actually his cellphone.

"Yes?... Yes, I see, so it's done then? I understand" L said, then hanging up his phone. "I'm not sure how you will actually take this, but regarding Misa Amane, there is something you should know, we've taken her into custody under suspicion of being the second Kira," L said to Light, surprising Light, Ryuk, and (Y/n).

"Sorry for not telling you (Y/n), but we've gathered physical evidence from the envelopes that were sent by the second Kira. In particular, we've recovered hairs and fibers from the masking tape used to seal them, they matched what we've found in Misa's room, there will be a public uproar if it gets out that she's been apprehended as the second Kira" L said.

"So, officially, we charged her manager with drug possession, and she's a voluntary witness, but I doubt any of this will get out" L finished, making (Y/n) happy that L gets to live a little longer. 'So, all those bags of hair... I am so blind! He was figuring it out right in front of me!' (Y/n) thought, remembering when L was looking through bags with hair strands.

That night she joined L at the secret base, along with the three policemen, "Watari, has she said anything yet?" L asks through the mic, sitting down on the chair. (Y/n) sat on the armrest, like always, "get me a visual of me, will you?" L asks Watari. "Are you sure?" Watari asks, with doubt, "yes, and quickly" L confirmed, which cued the computer screen to switch to the visual.

The visual was horrifying, making the policemen gasp, Misa is bounded, her eyes covered with a metal eye cover, her arms bounded like an insane person, with staps holding her down. "Ryuzaki! What is the meaning of this!?" Soichiro asks, not liking the situation the female is in.

"I've apprehended her on suspicion of being the second Kira, I'm afraid that this is necessary," L said quite reluctantly. "Chances are... Amane is guilty, there seems to be enough evidence to convict her, but all the same" Soichiro said with reluctance as well.

"Yes, there can be no mistake, now we need a confession out of her, we need to know how she kills. Whether she knows Kira, and if so, who he really is" L said, then he leaned to the mic, "Watari, take the necessary precautions, but beyond that, you're free to do whatever has to be done, okay? Just make her speak" L said to Watari.

"Oh and Mr. Yagami, Light has now become our prime suspect and I'm probably going to bring him in for interrogation as well, please be prepared for that" L warned Mr. Yagami of the upcoming events. The force spent 3 nights waiting for her to speak, and eventually, their efforts were sort of worth it.

"Ryuzaki, Amane is talking" Watari informed, "quickly, get me a visual and audio," L said, quickly running to his computer. "I can't take it anymore, kill me," Misa said, making all of them surprised. "Kill me! Please just kill me!" Misa begged, "I don't know, maybe this was all too much for a young girl to take," a policeman said.

"Misa Amane, can you hear me?" L asks through a mic, making his voice glitched out, "I hear you, please, just kill me now" Misa begged. "Does this mean you admit to being the second Kira? Is this the reason you wish to die?" L asks her, "no, I don't know anything about the second Kira" Misa said, then she started to shake.

"I really can't take this anymore! I'd rather be dead! Now hurry up and kill me!" Misa begged again "if you wanted to, you could kill me right now, couldn't you?!" Misa asked. "Fine if you don't kill me..." Misa threatened, going to bite her tongue, "Watari, stop her! Don't let her bite her tongue!" L said, making Watari act fast to put a cloth in her mouth.

"Misa, when this is done, you'll forget everything about Shinigami and the Death Note, it's okay, the human being you love is Light Yagami, and apparently (Y/n) (L/n) too, I promise those feelings will remain," Rem said to Misa. "So Misa, forfeit ownership of the Death Note and leave everything to Light Yagami," Rem said, but only (Y/n) can see her.

The only thing the police and L can see is the wave of Misa's hair wave upwards, making L confused, (Y/n) then watch Rem fade into the wall. Eventually, a few hours later, Misa started to wake back up, "Mr. Stalker...? Hello? Mr.? Where are you right now? D-Do you think we can stop this game?" Misa said, making the police confused, along with (Y/n).