Chapter 42

After they apprehended Higuchi, Mr. Yagami went into the car, grabbing a notebook. When he got out of the car, he started freaking out, only for Mogi to do the same, when he was trying to calm Mr. Yagami down. 'Awh... Looks like Ryuk won the bet...' (Y/n) thought with a sigh, at least she didn't lose anything valuable.

Since she lost visual from the car, she switches it to the news, showing Mr. Yagami and Mogi freaking out over something. It's a shame that (Y/n) doesn't have any audio or visual within the helicopter as well, but she can always ask Ryuk what happened.

It's also a shame that Light made up his whole plan behind her back. So (Y/n) has no clue that this whole thing was according to Light's plan. All she knows is that Light is Kira, and somehow Higuchi became another Kira, she isn't sure how he received a notebook, nor does she care.

As the view from the news show Higuchi being walked to the police cars. Higuchi is seen freaking out and falling to his knees. "W-What just happened?" Misa questioned, "I-I think... He had a heart attack" (Y/n) pointed out, watching the police trying to check his pulse.

When they arrived back, they brought Rem with them, by now, everyone has touched the notebook to see her. "How to use it; it says the human whose name is written in this notebook shall die," Aizawa said, wanting to investigate the murder weapon with the investigation team.

"This note will not take effect; unless the writer has the person's face in their mind when writing his or her name. Therefore, the person sharing the same name will not be affected" Aizawa continued, (Y/n) is listening from Light's lap, who is typing away on the computer.

"If the cause of death is written within 40 seconds within writing the person's name, it will happen. If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack. After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds" Aizawa said.

"As well, the back cover has some more instructions on how to use it," Aizawa said, turning to the back of the notebook. 'Huh? I don't remember there being instructions in the back of it' (Y/n) thought, quite confused, as she scanned the notebook thoroughly when Light was the owner of it.

"There are two more rules, one of them is 'if you make this notebook unusable, by tearing it up or burning it. All the humans who have touched the notebook till then will die" Aizawa said, freaking Matsuda out. "What?! Is that really true?!" Matsuda exclaimed, as he was one of those people who touched the notebook.

They then started to argue about the new instructions, "come on demon, fork over your item, I won the bet" Ryuk argued to the stubborn demon. "Fine, here, take it already, it's not like it actually works," Sebastion said, tossing Ryuk a sword that only (Y/n) can see.

"And then... There's this last rule... According to these instructions on the back of the notebook. If the person using the note fails to consecutively write the names of people, they will be killed in 13 days of each other. That the user will die" Aizawa said darkly.

"Huh? Wait, a second! If that's true, then it means Light and Misa Misa, are completely cleared, doesn't it!?" Matsuda said happily, but no one recuperated it. "Now that you mentioned it, that's right, Light and Misa were detained for more than 50 days, and are still under surveillance. If either of them had been Kira, there is no way they would still be alive by now" Aizawa pointed out.

"Wow, that's great news! Isn't it chief?" Matsuda asked, "yeah," Soichiro said, a bit relieved. "Rem, was it? That's your name, isn't it? The white thing over there?" L asked casually. "Ryuzaki, isn't it a bit rude to go around calling someone a white thing?" Matsuda asked, trying not to hurt Rem's feelings.

"What do you want?" Rem asked, not really caring about the rude comment. "There's more than one notebook in the human world, isn't there?" L asked, not really expecting a straight answer. "Who knows, there may be, and there may not be," Rem said, trying not to give away any hints.

"If there are other notebooks, either here or in your world, would they all have the same rules like this one?" L asked, not noticing Light has stopped typing. Light casually wraps an arm around (Y/n)'s waist, bringing her closer to his chest, and leaning his head on her shoulder.

"Yes, they are all the same, there are many notebooks in the Shinigami realm, but they all have the same rules. Even the rules for when humans obtain them" Rem said casually, not really lying. "Ryuzaki! Miss Amane, and Light, have both been cleared of suspicion, they shouldn't be under surveillance any longer" Aizawa demanded.

"That's right! It's crystal clear!" Matsuda agreed, "I suppose you're right..." L mumbled out, still not satisfied with Light not being Kira. "I understand, but please, accept my apologies for all the trouble" L admitted reluctantly. Light hid his face in the crock of (Y/n)'s neck, smirking widely at his cleared name.

"Thank goodness..." Soichiro says from behind Light, making him lift his head to look at his Dad. "Yeah but... We still can't say that we solved the case; until we figured out everything. Would it be alright if I kept investigating with you? Without the handcuffs on?" Light asked L, showing his cuffed wrist.

"Yes," L said casually, still staring at nothing, most likely reevaluating everything. Light smirks again, happy that he is now clear, and no longer has to focus on helping Misa. After getting his cuffs off and telling Misa the news, Misa decided to run down to see them.

"Oh Light, (Y/n)! Be sure to text me every day! Okay?!" Misa asked sadly, as she is no longer staying with the investigation, ready to leave home. "After all this time, we're saying goodbye to Misa Misa!" Matsuda said sadly, being overdramatic. "Knock it off Matsuda, let's leave them alone!" Aizawa said, dragging Matsuda away from the scene.

Once they got into the car, Light side glances at the camera, "Misa, I'm going to tell you about a special place, I need you to go there and dig something up. But, you have to make sure that no one is watching" Light told Misa, showing that he remembers everything.

Misa looked happy at the fact that his memories returned, while (Y/n) looked uncertain. Light leans down and whispers the place to Misa, once Misa leaves, he gently drags (Y/n) back to the building. 'Now that Misa is out of the way, I just need to get rid of L, then I can become a God! Don't worry my Goddess, I'll make sure no one gets in our way, of our new rule over this world!' Light thought with an evil smirk.