5~ Football Practice

Start from the beginning

"Coco, are you okay? How's your knee? It's not hurting is it?" Dad asked frantically as he looked at me with wide eyes. He must've seen my little fall.

"Dad, I'm fine. I promise. My legs are just a little bit tired." I smiled to prove that I was perfectly fine.

He nodded and went to yell at the boys more. He looked back at us, or more specifically me, a few times with a worried look.

"What's wrong with your knee?" Will asked curiously.

"I tore my ACL my freshmen playing soccer and he's been worried about it ever since. That's when I stopped playing sports and just worked out after I healed." I explained.

The truth is my knee is a little sore and I should be wearing my knee brace, but I couldn't find it after we moved and I decided to go without it. It was over a year ago, I don't need it anymore.

As more guys finished their two mile, I could feel a bunch of them glaring at me or looking at me in shock. I smirked knowing that I'm totally going to win this bet.

"Ready to just give me the twenty dollars now and give up?" I asked Will.

"That was just one hour. I still got two hours left to win this thing."

I shrugged. "Your loss, Erickson"

"That's what you think, Barnes" He smiled.

Dad blew his whistle a few minutes after the last players finished. "Weight room" he called and half the team groaned. "What's that? You want to run even more" Dad said.

The half that groaned freaked out a little and frantically said no repeatedly.

Dad laughed. "Yeah that's what I thought"

We all made our way to the weight room together. Once we got there, I could tell this place was going to be crowded. There was a lot more boys and I than there were weight racks.

"Four to a rack, squat and bench, go"

The players broke into their separate groups. All the racks were full with four and I was left with no one.

"Dad?" I asked.

He pointed to the rack with my brothers and Will. "With them." I nodded.

"Looks like I'm over here with the big dogs" I joked as I walked over to them.

"Are you sure you can handle it over here with the big dogs?" Will asked, going with my joke.

I smirked at him. "Did I or did I not beat ninety-eight percent of your team in the two mile?"

He put his hands up in defense. "You got me there, but lifting and running are two different things. They don't go hand in hand. I promise not to underestimate you though." He smiled.

It was no secret that I don't lift as much as the boys do, it's science. They're all a lot stronger than I am, but I'm comfortable around my brothers and I'm pretty sure Will won't be staring at my ass the entire time. He might end up dead in the end if he tries.

For the next hour, I surprised Will with my amazing lifting skills. I'm stronger than I look. My arms weren't as strong as the boys' for obvious reasons. The only difference is that I don't need really strong arms to throw a football or anything.

Dad blew the whistle again and we went back to the football field for drills. Dad had a tires set up and a quick foot ladder as well as some cones. We separated into sections. I ended up with Will, Cooper, Cole, and a few other boys, whose names I don't know.

Dad explained what we were doing and we started. He yelled at the freshmen a lot and most of the football team. I could hear things being said about me throughout the workout. Stuff about me being a stuck up bitch and a turn off.