𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟬𝟮𝟭

October 21st

"Clem, can we do something today," Tommy asks as I answer my phone. "Sure, what do you want to do?" I ask getting up from my seat in front of my PC, "Let's go see Wilbur and then go bother George," he suggests making me stop in my steps to my bedroom door.

"Tommy, that's two train rides.. Well three if you count the one back and I need to ask my mom," I tell him as I make my way to my mom's room to ask her. "I know, we would stay in London for a couple of days so we can all hang out, so we don't have to take three trains the same day. Just two," Tommy explains while typing away on his side of the call.

I stop before knocking on my mom's door, "Tommy, did you even ask for permission to go see them?" I hear the typing stop and a scoff, "Of course I did, just now... they said yes." He states smugly, making me laugh, "You're an idiot, hold on. I'll call you back. I'm gonna ask my mom." 'Fine, but just let me know so I can get us tickets."

I knock on my mom's door before opening it hearing her say come in, "Hey momma." She looks at me with a smile as she continues to look through her closet for something, "What's up mija?" I smile at her, "You practicing Spanish again," I ask her sitting on her bed.

"Yeah, I just want you guys to be comfortable speaking Spanish around me, I know I'm not your dad. He could speak Spanish with you guys, I don't want you guys losing that side of yourselves," She explains to me, I sigh giving her a sad smile.

"Mom, Caleb and I are comfortable speaking Spanish around you, I promise. We just don't do it often around you, we talk to each other in Spanish a lot. I promise you we aren't gonna forget that part of ourselves. As for you not being him, I'm glad you're not. He was horrible to us. We only spoke so much Spanish because we would be punished for not doing it because he wouldn't raise his kids to embarrass him in front of his friends or family back in Mexico."  I explain to her bitterly at how poorly our father once treated us when we were with him.

She sits beside me pulling me into a hug, "I'm so sorry baby, I wish I would've known sooner, I would've taken you both out of there so fast." I hug her back tightly, "We're okay now, and trust me we are still very much Mexican. Caleb complained to me yesterday that he went to this new restaurant and that their Mexican section was too bland and white for him even if he is half white."

My mom laughs, "He's such an idiot." The door opens to my moms room revealing a smiling Caleb, "Still your son though, also mom that fucking restaurant–" He cuts himself off with a dramatic sigh, "The food was horrible, I'd consider it a hate crime."

I laugh at his dramatics before joining in, "Not only are you Mexican, you're also gay. They've disrespected you twice," I say jokingly, causing my mother to laugh in shock. "Oh shit, you're right! Can I sue for that.." My brother trails off in thought, my mom shakes her head knowing he was gonna ask her.

"Mom, you're a lawyer can I?" She shoots him a look dismissing his dumb question, "Worth a shot anyways, why are we in here being sad?" I look at my mom with a small smile, "I actually came in here to ask for permission to go on a trip with Tommy to London for a few days." Caleb frowns, "I wasn't invited."

"Caleb, leave your sister and her friends alone." My mom tells him jokingly, making him groan, "But, it's my job to bother her. I can't if she's not here." I shake my head at him, turning to look at my mom for her answer, "Who else is gonna be there?"

"Oh, Wilbur and George." She's quiet for a moment before nodding, "Fine, just be safe and call me if you need anything." I nod excitedly at her before getting up, "I need to pack and let Tommy know that I can go." I rush out the room waving bye to them.

I call Tommy back the second I enter my room, grabbing a bag and some clothes to take with me for our trip, "Hello, Clementine did your mum say yes?" "Yeah she did, so you can get the tickets."