II. Homework

After Miles' final class, he was only mildly surprised to find Alec waiting for him at his locker. The wolf's tail swished when he noticed the human and his body straightened as he pushed off from the wall he'd been leaning against. "Hey. Practice got canceled tonight. Can I walk home with you?"

"Sure," he said without having to think about it.

Miles did wonder if the practice thing was a lie. He knew the wolf was almost certainly looking for sex at this point. The thing was, after having most of the day to think about it, the human was almost certain he wanted it too. It had been two months. And he couldn't get the images from Mr. Riley's class out of his mind. Zetasex might have been a misdemeanor in Seneca City, but sodomy had once been illegal, and that had never stopped anybody. Besides, it wasn't like a SWAT team was going to break down his door the second he put Alec's dick in his mouth.

He smirked a bit at the mental image, though he worried about how easily he was imagining blowing the wolf. He didn't want Alec to think he was a slut, but the truth was, he kind of liked thinking of himself that way. Tyler had used to whisper dirty words like that into his ear while they fucked, and Miles still fantasized about it sometimes.

As Miles and Alec walked south, the human found himself struggling to focus on their conversation. His mind kept fixating on the fantasy of what it would be like to sleep with the wolf. And, he was certain the wolf could smell the arousal on him, because Alec was rambling.

Fortunately, during the fifteen minutes it took them to reach Miles' house, the conversation stayed mostly innocent. Alec talked about the basketball team and the Seneca sports teams he liked. Then it became a discussion on video games and this old car Alec's dad had fixed up. Miles didn't really care about any of those things, but he found the wolf sweet and easy to talk to. They finally found some common ground when they started talking about a few recent superhero movies they both liked, including a new adaptation of Z-Squad.

As expected, when they reached the house, Miles saw no sign of his dad. He worked long shifts most days, and rarely was home before dinner time. That meant he'd have the house to himself for another three hours. Miles pulled out his keycard. "Well, this is it," he said. "You live nearby?"

When he looked back at the wolf, Alec was rubbing the back of his neck. "Ah, well, no," he said, "Our place is up north."

"You mean you just walked a mile in the wrong direction?"

Alec flicked his ears and gave a wry smile before shrugging.

"Why didn't you say something? We could have just talked at school or something."

The wolf was looking down and his tail curled around one leg. "Oh. I thought it might be easier to talk if we were at your place."

Easier to get in my pants, Miles thought to himself. He felt a familiar warmth in his groin. This situation should have unnerved him. And there was something about the wolf that felt off. He should make up some excuse and send him away, he told himself. Instead, he found himself staring at the canid's broad chest. The tight shirt he was wearing looked really good on him.

Alec was more animated as well. His ears were perked, and his tail was wagging faster than Miles had seen it before. Miles thought it was cute.

The wolf opened his mouth a few times to speak, perhaps trying to think of something clever to say. He finally settled on a simple, "So, can I come in?"

Miles opened his mouth to say no. What came out was, "Sure."

The house was too big for two people. The move had been so fast, they hadn't had time to be really selective in the house they picked. Even after eight weeks, most of the furniture was still unused, and full cardboard boxes were still a ubiquitous decoration. Nevertheless, the zeta stepped with museum-like reverence as Miles dutifully showed him the kitchen with all the smart appliances, the formal dining room that had already accumulated a layer of dust, the large family room with the half-assembled home theater, and then the upstairs bedrooms.