Bloodlust Chapter Six

Start from the beginning

“Well, pardon me. My mistake, then.” Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. Big mistake.

Mrs. Andrews’s eyes rolled back into her head, revealing the red-veined whites. Her face became distorted and gross, wrinkles digging deeper into her flesh. That evil grin of hers spread even wider across her face, resembling the same menacing smile Will had given me days ago. It frightened and intrigued me at the time. Now, it seemed life-threatening.

All action in the room came to an abrupt halt, freezing everything like a block of ice. It was instantaneous; the moment her eyes locked on mine, the world just…stopped. It was creepy. Only she and I stood unfrozen now, staring down the other. Her face bore an expression of hate and discipline; my own was simply confused. Confused as I was, though, I knew a fight when I saw one. And this was definitely one I was not backing down from.

The psychotic woman jumped at me, nails outstretched like feline claws. She yelled something I couldn’t hear; I kicked her legs out from under her in one swift motion and flew back up to a fighting stance. She recovered in a flash, barely grazing the reflecting floors. She lunged again. I caught her arm and swung her to the farthest corner…and began to run. Barely a second went by before she caught me around the neck, getting me into a firm choke-hold. Not that it fazed me. Much.

I didn’t need oxygen to breathe, but it made my neck very uncomfortable. Bite her.  Do it now, while you’re this close. No, I will not bite a teacher. My predatory, vampire days are over. Her nails scraped my face, drawing the tiniest trickle of blood. She stopped moving to watch this happen. As the blood continued to drop from my forehead, I used this time to turtle out of her choke-hold and flip her over my back.

She slammed into the floors with a loud thud! and didn’t get up for a long time. A minute, maybe.

Which gave me just enough time to catch my breath, before I was hurled backwards. I heard a snap in the back of my head, assuming I had cracked a bone. Maybe two. Eyes rolling in the back of my head, I heard the faintest sound of shoes against the slippery floor. I waited, waited for my teacher to move closer.

She probably thinks your dead, a voice whispered to me. It sounded vaguely familiar. Well, duh. Of course it should. How could you forget such a sexy British accent like this? Will. Of course. He of all people would be the one to pop  into my mind at  this exact moment.

What should I do? I frantically sent him a mental message, despite my other half screaming at me not to fall under his spell. But, well what the heck? He probably has way more experience with fighting than me. Even if only a few years seperating us.

I felt him chuckle from within my mind, before hearing him say, Wait until she has her back turned. Then spring on her. How original, Will. Don't worry, he appealed. I'll lead you through the rest. But you need to surprise her. Like a lion would do to an antelope. I had to laugh quietly at that. Great comparison. I know right. Okay, here's your chance.

He was right. The psycho Mrs. Andrews had turned back to the front of the room, writing up the day's lesson plan for her next class.  

Go!The command came out as a whisper, but even in the heat of the pending moment, I could feel the rumbling urgency running through him. It-after all-ran through me, as well.

I silently crawled to the front of her desk, concealed for the moment behind her clutter. Potted plants, photo frames, mini trinkets, and-

What’s this…a miniature sumo wrestler? Damn, this lady needs help. Will chuckled within me, my cheeks turning a flaming red. I was really starting to despise the whole mind-bonding thing.