17. "So dark, so deep the secrets that you keep."

Start from the beginning

Too panicked to even scream, I flopped down at the threshold of the cave with a thump as my knees gave out. The boy flinched but didn't move otherwise.

Gabriel hadn't noticed me, his eyes glued on the whimpering boy huddled in the safety of the darkness.

As Gabriel circled us, I was dizzy with fear. He took advantage of my weakened state and sprung forward, forcing me into the cave with the strange boy, his large looming figure blocking my path to escape.

His black piercing eyes suddenly flashed to mine. But it was not the feral glint in his eyes that held me speechless, it was the vulnerability that bubbled close to the surface before he buried it with a deep scowl and locked jaw.

He came closer but not as menacingly as before. He was more careful as if he caught a deer and didn't want to scare away his prey.  

I tilted my nose up as he stood inches before me to breathe in his heady masculine scent. 

He bent his face down so that his breath pushed against my face. "Never run away from me again."

The boy jumped at the sound of that deep, rich voice. I only shivered.  His voice was dark and low and made my insides quiver.

But his words forced my pulse to race faster.

Gabriel glared at me, his eyes unforgiving and darker than I have ever seen as anger engulfed them.

"Castiel," he called in a low voice as he straightened and stepped back out. 

As soon as he called for Castiel, my heart drummed in dread, but I did not react quickly enough. Castiel surged forward as silent as the dead and grabbed my wrists.

"What are you doing?" I managed to squeak out despite the bitter taste of fear that filled my mouth.

"Hold out your hands," He ordered as he pulled a silver chain out from his pocket.

"Please," I pleaded to Gabriel. He growled loudly, and at the sound, Castiel yanked me by the arms and off the ground, placing me against the cave wall.

Castiel tied my wrists together and used the opposite end of the long silver chain to tie against an iron fixing poking out of the cave wall. I didn't wince, though. I wouldn't give him the satisfaction.

Gabriel avoided my eyes as his gaze slid down to the floor. I wondered whether he felt remorse for what he was doing. 

When his eyes met mine, they were void of any emotion. "Don't think you can escape from me." He said, his voice calm, even amused. For an instant, Castiel's grasp on my arm relaxed. Then he tightened his grip again.

"You're mine." Gabriel's words were like a cold bucket of reality. His eyes locked on mine with an intensity that unnerved me. He turned on his heel and walked away without a second look back. 

My eyes returned to Castiel, who still had me in a steady grip. If looks could kill,  I was sure I would have been dead. Castiel pushed me down to the ground and followed his Alpha out.

Leaving me alone with the strange boy huddled alone in the corner.

When I turned my attention to the boy, my stomach lurched in response as the odour struck me. For a moment, I thought I might be sick.