Chapter 19: Alliances

Start from the beginning

Revolver: Didn't you hear me? I ended my turn.

Soulburner: Don't mess around! My turn! I draw! I summon Salamangreat Jack Jaguar!

Ai: Now he's got enough power to take out Revolver's life points.

Hibiki: Yeah, this is bad for him.

Soulburner: Revolver! I don't care if you don't want to fight, Heatleo attacks you directly!

Revolver lp: 4000 - - - 1700

Aoi: This next attack will end it.

Soulburner: Now! Jack Jaguar, atta...

Before he could finish the command, Soulburner hesitated, falling to his knees with a shout of rage and frustration as Revolver stood with an indifferent look on his face. As he fell forward onto his elbows, Hibiki ran over and knelt beside him.

Soulburner: If I win like this, it won't look cool at all.

Ai: Nope, not very cool.

Playmaker: Be quiet.

As the duelist scolded his ignis, Revolver walked over to the pair and looked down at Soulburner.

Revolver: Satisfied?

Soulburner: Of course not! I don't know your identity, and I can't even duel you! What am I supposed to do?!

Revolver: I am Ryoken Kagami. Son of Kyoshi Kagami, who started the lost incident.

Soulburner: What?

There was a collective gasp from the group, Hibiki nodding.

Ai: Wait, you knew as well?

Revolver: Of course he did, he learned during our previous work together.

As the two spoke, Soulburner stood slowly and glared at Revolver and Hibiki.

Soulburner: Just because I know your identity, that doesn't mean...

Playmaker: Soulburner, Revolver was eight at the time of the incident, around the same age as us. He alerted the police because he felt guilty about his father's actions.

Ai: In other words, Revolver saved you.

Hibiki/Soulburner: What?

Playmaker: And the perpetrator, Doctor Kagami, is already dead.

Soulburner: He's dead?

Hibiki: Then Revolver isn't responsible for the lost incident.

Soulburner: Damn it! What's going on?

Flame: Soulburner, calm down.

Soulburner: I know!

Revolver: Soulburner, we will only be working together until we defeat the light ignis. If we survive, we will have to fight over your individual ignis, so can you keep your anger down until then?

Soulburner: Revolver...

Revolver: Come, there is something I want to show you.

As he turned, a portal opened behind him.

Emma: Show us?

Aoi: What do you think Aqua?

Aqua: His heart is calm, he isn't trying to trick you.

Aoi: Well, I trust Aqua. What will you do, Ghost Gal, Hibiki?

Emma: Well I'm fine.

Hibiki: I trust him. He hasn't never lied to me this far. What about you Soulburner?