Chapter 18: Training,Hostages,& Power

Start from the beginning

I rolled over and gently nipped at his ear. Lucas let out a snort and jumped up, then pinned me again.

"As much as I would love to keep playing, we need to train, Max", Lucas said. I let out a small whine.

"Please, Lucas", I begged, giving my best puppy eyes. "It's so much fun! Pretty please?!" He shook his wolf head, amusement in his eyes.

"Come on, Whiteout", Lucas said. "Let's start training." He got off of me and stood a few feet away. I pouted but stood up. Looking around, I noticed how differently the world looked while in wolf form. Everything looked sharper, cleaner, and more eye-catching. I could hear so much better too. The slight changes in the wind, fallen leaves rustling over the ground, and Lucas's heartbeat. I could smell immensely better too, being able to smell small things, like other pack members running around the grounds that were far away and faint smells of food coming from the main kitchen. The most obvious scent I could detect was Lucas's scent of eucalyptus mint, as it was much more potent, but still very enjoyable and relaxing.

"Max, you're spacing again", Lucas chuckled, snapping me back to reality.

"Was not!" I sassed. He only chuckled again and shook his head.

"Now", Lucas said, gaining my full attention. "Today, I thought we could work on dodging and counterattacks. It's vital obviously, to prevent injury. Now, when I say "right" jump to the right, ok?"

"Yeah", I answered, slightly nervous. He took a few steps back and got ready to... POUNCE!?

"Right!" Lucas half-yelled through the mind link, then lunging at me. My nerves getting the best of me, I accidentally jumped to the left. Lucas's giant form landed on me, and I let out a small yip.

"Oh shit, Max are you ok!?" Lucas asked, frantically getting off of me.

"I'm alright, Liebe", I responded. "You just took me by surprise is all." He looked me up and down, making sure I wasn't hurt. "Let's continue." Lucas tilted his wolf head in confusion, making him look extremely adorable!

"Are you sure?" Lucas asked. I clenched my jaw and stood back up.

"Yes", I said, determined. Lucas sighed, and we began training once more.

Time skip; 1 hour and 30 minutes later-

Lucas and I were laying together in the grass, both of us still shifted and panting heavily.

"I'm exhausted!" I complained. Lucas chuckled and shifted to his human form. I focused on my human form and felt myself shifting back. It was still painful, but bearable. We stood up, and Lucas cupped my cheek with his hand. I hummed and leaned into his touch.

"I'm proud of you, Love", Lucas said, sweetly. "You learned quickly and didn't give up." He kissed my cheek, making me become a flustered mess. As we both leaned in for a proper kiss, we heard screaming. A lot of screaming.

~

Seth's POV-

The ice began to melt as I kept chanting "Incendio", a simple fire spell, in my mind. Once my hands were free, I made a column of fire stream from my hands, melting the ice that held me the rest of the way, leaving a small puddle in the middle of the cellar floor. Being quiet to not disturb any pack members above, I made my way to the cellar door, opening it with a wave of my hand. If you're wondering why I never took food from the love-sick puppy and naive warlock, it's because I put a spell on myself, so I couldn't die from hunger or thirst. It required blood sacrifice, but it was worth it in the end.