Chapter ten - Tommy

Start from the beginning

"Dream! He's here! He's at the gate!" In that moment all of us ran to the window to see what Tommy had said was true. There, at the gate, stood Dream, Sapnap, George, and Punz. Everyone turned away from the window and ran to different parts of the van. I watched as my brother and the rest of l'manburg ran around the van in search of weapons.

"There's nothing here! They fucking destroyed all our shit! Fucking arseholes!" Tommy shouted in frustration as he turned to face the rest of us. He was right. The only weapon in the van was mine. No one dared ask me to borrow it though, knowing it was one of my most prized possessions.

Soon the boys broke out into an argument while i stayed quiet in the corner just listening to them. After a couple minutes they agreed to go out completely unarmed to face Dream and his team.

"No way." Everyone turned to me. "Your not going out there without at least one weapon." I walked over to the table and picked up my sword, walking over to Tommy and placing it in the holster at his waist. He just stared at me dumbfounded. "Take it. You need it more than me right now. And since I'm not going to be out there to protect you...at least you'll have this." I said gesturing to the sword.

"A-are you sure?" He said, his voice much smaller than normal.

"Yes." Things got quiet for a minute beofore Wilbur said 'they shouldn't keep Dream waiting any longer'. I then watched as the boys walked out of the van to the gates in the distance. Part of me wanted to follow them, but I promised myself I wouldn't get involved. The last time I got involved in a government it didn't end well.

I then closed the door to the van and everything went black.

---

My eyes fluttered open to see the ceiling of my room glowing in the moonlight. I tried to sit up before a sharp pain in my shoulder stopped me. I looked to my left to see my shoulder was wrapped in bandages.

I then tried to lift my right hand to examine my shoulder, but something was holding it down. I turned my head to see a sleeping Dream sitting on a chair next to my bed, holding my hand. He was slumped over onto the edge of the bed, laying with his head on his other hand. He looks so peaceful.

That's when I realized he wasn't wearing his mask. I was looking at his face. A part of me felt like it was wrong and I should look away or something. But another part of me was examining and admiring every feature.

He of course had his dirty blonde hair that fell slightly in front if his face, but I was more focused on what I couldn't see before. He was perfect. His jaw, his nose, the space between his eyes, everything. Apon inspecting him closer I could see a number of freckles dotting his nose too. Cute... wait..what am I thinking! I shouldn't even be looking at his face. He wouldn't want me to be-

The man next to me stirred, and I froze. Shit. His eyes slowly fluttered open, revealing the emerald green hidden beneath. He looked up at me and his eyes widened in shock.

"Ophelia! Your awake!" He shouted, sitting up abruptly. He then realized his mistake and clamped a hand over his mouth in hopes he didn't wake anyone.

"How long was I out?" I asked, my voice hoarse from not being used for so long.

"Almost four days now." He said, pulling his hand away before quickly continuing. "How do you feel? Are you ok?" He asked worriedly. Four days?!

"Yeah. Yeah I'm ok. Just a little dazed that's all." I said as I tried to sit up. He noticed my struggle and helped me to a comfortable position. His gaze then fell on my bandaged shoulder.

"How's your shoudler?" He asked hesitantly.

"Dont worry I'm fine. It obviously hurts a bit, but its bearable." I said shrugging. He seemed to relax after I spoke. It only lasted a few seconds though before a look of panic crossed his face. He quickly stood from the chair and turned his back on me, searching for something. I quickly grew confused before it dawned on me. He's looking for his mask.

I scanned the room for a second in search for the mask as well. I then saw the circular object sitting on the chair Dream had just abandoned. I leaned forward and picked it up and held it out to him.

"Here." I said plainly. He turned around and grabbed the mask, quickly clipping it on. He let out a quiet 'thank you' as he pulled his hood up and sat back down on the chair. We sat in an awkward scilence for a while until I spoke.

"Sorry." I said simply. He tilted his head in confusion.

"Sorry? Sorry for what? If anyone should be sorry it should be me."

"Why should you be sorry?"

"I asked first." He said sternly. I sighed.

"It's just-I know you don't want anyone to see your face-and you weren't expecting me to wake up-and I just sat there and-" I rambled on before he cut me off.

"It's fine. It's actually my fault for letting my guard down." I only hummed in response. Does he feel he needs to be guarded around me?

"What about you? What do you have to be sorry for?" I inquired, shaking off my previous thought and staring at the man next to me. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat before he responded.

"It's my fault your hurt. My fault you were unconscious for so long-" He started before I too cut him off.

"Stop." I said sternly. "It's not your fault. Yes you shot me, but I intervened. And besides...I don't think the injury had anything to do with why I was unconscious for so long."

"What do you mean?" He asked, seemingly intrigued by my response.

"I mean-while I was out, memories kept playing in my head like a movie." He seemed to understand.

"So...do you...remember everything?" He asked almost sadly. I sighed, looking down before answering his question.

"No."

......................................................................

1696 words

Shit. This was a really long chapter. Oops.

Hope you enjoyed! Bye!