CHAPTER 35

Risa and Andre's wedding continued with a family photo session of both Risa's family and Andre's family. Andre is a man of Canadian descent, his father is Canadian, while his mother is Indonesian. Come to think of it, Risa is of Japanese descent, and Andre is of Canadian descent, I wonder what will happen to their child later. It would be adorable.

"Luna!" someone called me while I was daydreaming about my nephew/niece's face later. When I turned around, I immediately smiled at Lucy.

Lucy hugged me "How are you?" she asked so excitedly to meet me "Woah... Luna, you are very beautiful today" she praised again.

"I'm well. How about you?" I asked smiling.

"Very good. I'm very happy to see Risa happy and even happier after meeting you. Thank you Luna for all your help while in Japan that time"

"Ey.. why are you still talking about that. It's been a very long time, after all I did it with pleasure" I replied ignoring the smile "What about Angga?" I asked. For some reason, my desire to ask Angga was cut short.

"Ah, he is at this party. You haven't seen it yet?"

"No" I replied shaking my head.

"Ahh there he is..." said Lucy pointing her index finger towards the north. I also saw a man in a neat navy shirt looking at me from a distance. The man smiled at me, and I smiled back. "Looks like he's hesitant to approach you after the gossip," whispered Lucy.

"Even though I've forgotten the gossip" I replied.

Lucy smiled at me then pulled my hand to approach Angga.

"Why don't you approach Luna and apologize to her?" Lucy grumbled at Angga.

Angga smiled awkwardly at me "I'm sorry for the misunderstanding that time"

"I'm really not mad at the news. After all, you already explained everything, so why am I angry?" I replied with a smile.

"Luna is not a vindictive person" Lucy continued and I nodded in agreement.

Angga can finally smile with relief "Thank God. Actually I've been wanting to approach you but I still don't dare"

"Didn't you tell me that you wanted to meet me while I was in Indonesia? So why don't you dare to come to me?" I said with a small laugh.

Angga laughed embarrassed at my words "So, how are you? What is your activity now?"

"It's so good after seeing my sister get married. I just finished my master's education, and I think I want to rest for a while after that I just think about where I'm going, "I answered very clearly.

"Don't tell me you will continue your education again" guessed Angga

I laughed "That's the plan"

"Serious? Aren't you tired of studying?"

"Tired, very tired. But I still enjoy the fatigue" I answered with a laugh, and Angga also laughed "People must say I'm a fool for spending time just to study"

Angga stopped laughing and looked at me "But to me, you are still a great person. I am proud to meet and know people who have brilliant brains."

"Thanks for the extravagant compliment" I smiled back.

While we were chatting, we didn't realize that Lucy had left us alone. Lucy really didn't change. He is still trying to make me and Angga alone.

"Do.. you have a boyfriend?" suddenly Angga asked me. His face started to get serious as he looked at me, waiting for my answer.

I was surprised to hear the question. I was silent for a moment, confused about what to say "Yes" I answered.

The expression on Angga's face showed his surprise but he tried to remain calm in front of me "Japanese?" he asked again.

"Yes"

"He must be a lucky man"

"I'm the lucky one chosen by him" I replied.

Indeed, I should be the one who should be grateful for being Yuki Ishikawa's chosen woman. That man should be here with me, accompanying me at Risa's wedding. However, he was completely absent, didn't even text me. Even I... I didn't have the courage to contact him again.

***

After Risa and Andre's wedding, the next day, still at the villa where yesterday's event took place, two large families were enjoying their breakfast. I just came out of my room well-dressed. I've heard the voices of people outside who were busy talking.

At that time, my steps stopped when I was about to pass a row of buckets of flowers as gifts from Andre and Risa's wedding guests. I focused on the only yellow rose. My favorite flower and color. Yuki always gives me that flower.

I stepped closer to the big flower bucket to take a close look at who the sender was.

Instantly, I was silenced reading the short message.

Congratulations on Risa-Andre's wedding. Be happy forever. Yuki Ishikawa- Luna's future.

I bit my lip which was already trembling because I was holding back tears when I read the message. I thought he would hate me so much, but what did he do? Why did he send flowers to Risa and Andre and say 'Luna's Future'. Do I still get a chance from him to mend our relationship?

I hope so.

While I was frozen and thinking about a Yuki, I accidentally overheard a conversation outside in Japanese. There's no way my family would chat with Andre's family in Japanese. Without waiting long, I walked quickly out of the villa and was surprised to find a Yuki Ishikawa in the middle of two large families.

That man was wearing a plain white shirt and cream colored knee-length shorts. His clothes matched his fair skin perfectly. He was busy chatting with my father, Andre and Risa. There seemed to be no awkwardness surrounding the man who usually acted awkwardly, instead he looked very comfortable and couldn't stop laughing.

I was still standing quietly looking at Yuki from a distance until Yuki finally noticed my presence. His wide smile suddenly disappeared, and his expression was serious. Yuki stood up and his footsteps came towards me. My heart started to beat faster as I watched him get closer to me.

We were only 2 feet away when our eyes met. I can't hold back my tears anymore. Tears came to my eyes as I looked at him. I miss that tall man.

-TO BE CONTINUE-