THREE.

THREE ;
goose

messages/real life !

TINA🌻
hello my love
eta 5ish minutes <3

MARLEY🧡
you're insane for even coming back

TINA🌻
maybe so!
hope you're ready to spend the
day shopping with me :)
and then we can cuddle and watch movies tonight

MARLEY🧡
not that i'm ungrateful about you
coming back or anything
but you really didn't have
to i'm doing okay right now

TINA🌻
i'm so happy for you!!!
but i'm not!!!
this is the saddest thing that's ever
happened to me mars im devastated 
and I know you are too
there's no getting out of this missy so don't even try

MARLEY🧡
just hurry up and get here so
I can give your
forehead a little smooch

TINA🌻
literally been 1 minute since
I told you my eta

Marley was grateful for a lot of things, but if she had to pick what she was most grateful for in the whole world, it was hands down Tina. At least, it was Tina right now. Her best friend who seemed to be just as (if not more) upset about her and Karl breaking up as Marley was.

"Stop looking at me like that," Tina said as she fell onto the couch next to Mars. "You didn't make me fly back here so there's no reason for you to feel bad at all. Well, I won't say no reason at all because...you know. But no reason to feel bad about me coming back!"

Marley sighed and leaned her head on Tina's shoulder. "I know that."

"but?"

"But, you really didn't have to. I'm doing okay right now. Like, actually okay."

Tina scoffed and looked down at her, clearly not believing a word she said. "Yeah? When's the last time you left your house then?"

"When I took Goose on a walk this morning," she replied. "I will admit that that was the first time I was actually productive since you left, but I did go outside, so...in your face."

Tina perked up at the mention of the dog who was currently MIA. "Where is my little man at, anyways? He didn't greet me at the door like normal."

Marley shrugged, "moping in the bedroom, probably. Or he's being naughty. That's usually the case when he's quiet."

"Aww, he missed his auntie Tina!" She exclaimed, before quickly moving off the couch. Marley, who had still been leaning against her shoulder, abruptly face planted onto the couch, resulting in a loud laugh from Tina.

"oops!" she called, before taking off towards the bedroom in search of the dog Marley was convinced she loved more than her.

Once Mars made it to the room, she found Tina cuddled up on the bed with a guilty looking Goose.

"I found my baby," Tina declared before pressing a firm kiss to his head. "He told me he missed me more than his dad. His words not mine."

Marley cracked a smile before settling down on the bed next to them. "I'm sure that's true. You let him on the bed we...he never let him."

"He did, actually," Tina said, propping her head up on her hand. "He just told you he didn't because he didn't want you to know how much of a push over he was."

Marley snorted and reached out to pet Goose behind the ears. "Like it wasn't the most obvious thing in the world."

"That's what I said!"

The two girls were quiet for a few minutes as they reminisced on the past, both more than aware of how weird it felt to have one of the members of their little trio not there. They hadn't noticed it as much the first time Tina had come over. The hurt and anger and everything else she was feeling then overpowered the weirdness of him not actually being there

"It's weird," Tina started, voicing the thoughts that were definitely being shared by both of them. "Him not being here. Not as weird as you two not being together anymore, but still. Feels like somethings missing."

Marley chose not to mention that a part of her had been missing for a month now. That part now lived a few minutes away from the home they had bought together.

"Maybe," she said, wincing lightly at how unsteady her voice sounded. "Goose can just be our third now, though. He's great company."

Tina nodded, "He absolutely is. But I just don't think it's quite the same, you know?"

When Marley only nodded, Tina hesitantly continued. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure?"

"Do you...like, is this permanent between you two? I know you mentioned a break last time but have you guys actually talked about it? Because i'm not really sure how breaks work, honestly. How do you know when the break is over...or if the break is permanent?"

Marley sighed and tossed an arm over her eyes, "I have no idea. I told him to talk to me when he was ready to explain things and when he had his shit figured out. So whenever that is, I guess?"

"Fingers crossed that happens soon," Tina said, reaching over to lightly squeeze her hand.

"Agreed," Marley said with a frown. "Everyone keeps telling me not to talk to him."

Tina scoffed loudly, "What the fuck? How are you guys supposed to figure your life out without actually...you know, communicating with each other?"

Marley shrugged, "I don't know. That's why i'm confused about them not wanting me to even see him."

"Maybe because they think you'll hurt even more seeing him?" Tina suggested softly. "If this was sapnap telling you not to talk to him then he's probably just trying to look out for you. But as your other best friend I personally think you guys need to talk. This break is going to last an eternity if there's no talking."

Marley let out a bitter laugh, ignoring the way her eyes were stinging with tears. "It's funny that they don't think me not seeing him is hurting any less."

"Guys are idiots, Mars," Tina sighed as she laid down beside her. "If all else fails don't forget that we said we'd marry each other if we both made it to thirty still being single."

Marley laughed and leaned her head on Tina's shoulder once again, "I wouldn't complain about that, honestly."

"Good. I'd be very offended if you did," she replied with a grin. "I would make the best wife ever and nobody can prove me wrong."

"Nobody would dare. I'd fight to defend your honor, don't you even worry."

Tina sighed and poked at Marleys side, "Thanks, Mars. You mean the absolute world to me. But I know you're only saying this because you would want me to cook for you."

"hey! You're also very pretty!"

Tina laughed loudly and squeezed her hand again, "at least you're honest, Mars."