~You Never Know Until You Know~

Chihiro wiped a tear from her eye as she finished telling the group of Y/n's past.

"B-by his own father...?" Najimi asked with wide eyes.

Tadano solemnly looked at the floor, he didn't know what to make of the situation.

"He had told us this morning he had a dream...that exact dream was of what his father did to him that night...and that's why he was so angry throughout the day. He's wanted nothing more than the death of his father by his hands...that is why he joined the gang after all..." Chihiro said.

"That's so messed up...oh god..." Agari said.

"He's so soft and kind...but he's been through so much..." Najimi bit the thumb of their nail as tears brimmed their eyes.

Komi's silence told an entire story. She felt terrible for Y/n, and she didn't know what to do or say to help him...not that she could say anything due to her communication problem, but...she could do something.

An hour later, Y/n returned home, surprised to see his friends still there.

"Oh...hey guys." He said.

"Y/n! I'm so glad you're home! How were your vocal lessons?" Najimi asked.

"Wonderful. Thanks." Y/n answered in an uncomfortable manner as Najimi was closer than preferred. He walked into the living room and sat down on the couch, being followed by his friends.

"That's amazing! Would you like me to run you a warm bath?" Najimi asked.

"I-I can massage your feet if you want me to!" Agari suggested.

"I can get some snacks for you!" Tadano said.

"No! What the hell is wrong with you guys?! You're pissing me off bein' all close and nice and shit." Y/n snarled, pushing away Najimi.

The three went silent, Komi lowered her head as she grimaced at the thought.

"W-well..."

"Your mom told us about what happened between you and your dad...when you were younger..." Najimi grimly admitted.

Y/n'a body stiffened, his fists curled up and tightened as his scowl intensified. He looked down, his bangs covering his eyes.

"So what now? Gonna berate me? Call me a lost cause? Go ahead, gossip about it! Tell every fucking body in the entire school that Y/n L/n was beat, abused and eventually raped by his fucked up father! I knew I couldn't fucking trust you pieces of shit! You only wanted to know my secrets just so you could expose them!" Y/n roared.

The faces of Najimi, Tadano, and Agari were even more saddened.

"Y/n...we would never-."

"Spit that bullshit to someone who would believe it! All people do is fucking get close to me and fuck me over! Once they get what they want, they mercilessly tear me to pieces and leave without looking back! You're just like them!" Y/n shouted.

Chihiro, Nanami, and Asami all peeked in through the doorway, trying to see what was going on without being caught.

"Y-Y/n-san...we would never do that to you." Tadano said.

Y/n glared at Tadano, but his glare softened when he saw his eyes. They were full of genuine care, truth, and kindness.

Y/n looked down, seeing a tear fall down his eye. He hadn't even realized he was crying.

Komi hugged Y/n from behind, she got incredibly close to his ear, so close that he could feel her breath brush gently against his ear.

"We...are your friends...a-and...we'll a-always...b-be there...f-f-for you..." She whispered.