Diagon Alley with Narcissa Black Malfoy

It had been a few days since they had returned to England. She -Narcissa- had set her cousin Regulus up in a manor in Suffolk that used to belong to her great great grandmother Elladora Black. 

Regulus had invited (more like coerced) Barty into staying with him, and the two had happily went around screwing each other in every place possible. 

She, wisely, had decided to stay away from Suffolk for as long as she could so never to walk in on such sessions. 

The others had gone back to Slytherin Castle, except for Sirius because Dumbledore thought weekly Order meetings were now necessary at Grimmauld Place. It made her incredibly sad to see the ancient Black Family home used in such a demeaning way. 

          "Mother!"

She looked down at her son, Draco, who was by her side and staring at something with a scandalized expression upon his face. 

He did take after Lucius, she thought. 

          "Mother look! It-It's Weasley!"

She followed his line of vision and promptly adopted an equally scandalized expression (dramatics were hereditary in the Black Family, after all). 

In front of the window of a shop, there was a distinctive redhead boy who had broken off from the rest of the hoard to rub faces with a head of supremely bushy brown hair. It seemed that Hermione Granger had either had a very bad hair day or she had gotten a very overdone perm. Narcissa sniffed. 

What horror! Bellatrix would have killed the girl! 

Beside her, Draco shuddered artfully, grimacing and turning pointedly away from the Granger-Weasley pair. He then dragged Narcissa, no, no, he...gracefully lead Narcissa towards Twilfitt and Tattings. Malfoys did not drag things. 

Unfortunately, after exiting the store with a pair of dragon hide gloves, Narcissa found that perhaps they were not so lucky. In fact, the whole Weasley brood was just in front of them, blocking the way out of the clothing store. 

The mother Weasle was shrieking in delight, a sound that was matched by her equally loud and annoying daughter Ginevra. Ginevra was at the center of the huddled mass of Weasleys, waving her left hand around and crying. Narcissa found the sight exceptionally distasteful. 

It took her some time to realize that in fact there was a very small, very thin band upon the girl weasle's ring finger. 

An engagement ring. 

Her son voiced her thoughts. 

          "Who in Merlin would give that vile girl an, an engagement ring?!"

He sounded so disgusted. Narcissa was so proud! Her little Drakiepoo was growing up! 

She took out her wand and made a slashing motion. There was an ear-piercing scream as the golden band severed in half and clattered to the floor of Diagon Alley. The herd made a clear pathway through them. 

She would have to thank Lucius for that handy trick. 

          "You!" a blubbering red-faced Ron Weasley accused. "You! Look what you did to my sister!"

Her pointed to a snot-covered girl Weasle bawling on her knees in the middle of the road, trying in vain to put the two halves of the engagement ring together without magic. Her blotchy red face really did not complement her equally red hair, Narcissa thought as she walked away. 

She and Draco continued through but, as they were walking purposefully away, Ginevra screamed loudly,

          "It-Alex gave it to me!!!!"

Then she proceeded to continue sobbing. 

----------

          "So! The loathsome Alex Potter finally got a fiancèe," Harry smirked. "What a...treat."

----------

Fred and George were very eager to turn their sister's hair green under Harry's request, justifying their actions by saying it made her look like a Christmas tree. You know? Green hair and red face? 

The twins chose to do so when the Weasleys went back to Diagon Alley because they had forgotten to buy school books when they went there last due to the intervention of Lady Malfoy. This subsequent action resulted in more shrieking from their horrified sister, a sound which was abrasive to the ears and was the cause of the headaches of many around them. 

It was also at this time that the Potters came flouncing onto the scene. 

Alex made a grand gesture towards Ginny and tripped over his own feet before bounding back and pretending nothing had ever happened. 

Harry, who was there with Narcissa, came upon the scene next to see a blubbering Ginny Weasley being squeezed very tightly by Alex Potter. It seemed to be something he had learned from his mother, who was squeezing James Potter just as hard. 

For a moment, Harry felt that perhaps the bloke would suffocate. 

Unfortunately, he did not. 

Instead, he noticed Harry (Oh my goodness! For the first time in ages!). To say Harry was pleased was an understatement: He had been waiting for this moment for a very long time. 

              "Oh. It's you."

Alex turned around and stuck out his tongue. 

              "It is not a pleasure to meet you, mister Potter, I am Harry."

              "I know that."

              "Do you really?" Harry took on a very surprised air. 

James scowled. 

              "Yes. Harry...Potter. What a waste of my surname."

Harry smiled, a smile that was disarmingly bright and caused James to become a bit wary. 

               "Oh but you see, mister Potter, I will no longer be besmirching your...esteemed family name," Harry stopped to sigh in an overly contented manner. "I am now a Black!"

This was, of course, false, but it seemed to do that trick. The Weasleys (minus Fred and George and Percy, Charlie, and Bill who were not there) began to scream in a way strangely reminiscent of weasle squeaking. 

Harry found it greatly amusing. In fact, he nearly burst out laughing when he saw the look on James Potter's face. 

                "You're," James stammered, "You're a...Black?"

                 "I KNEW YOU COULDN'T BE TRUSTED! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!" screamed Alex, and Ginny (who was still strangling Alex's arm) nodded vigorously along, looking much like a redheaded chicken. 

Harry just smiled and took in the scene contentedly. He left in the midst of the chaos, shifting silently out. 

------------

          "Sirius," Albus intoned gravely, "I believe that Grimmauld Place is no longer safe. Harry seems to be consorting with the Malfoys, and such behavior cannot be condoned."

Sirius found this conversation exceptionally boring. 

A few months ago, Dumbledore had been spouting nonsense about putting Harry beside Alex to train as Boy Who Lived, and now he was saying that Harry was a threat! Dumbledore should be the editor of the Daily Prophet! Only, no, Rita Skeeter already held the post. 

Sirius stopped himself from pouting to catch Dumbledore's ending remarks. 

          "...so I will be moving the Order's headquarters to the Tonks' place."

Time to report to the Lord.