A Surprisingly Amicable Talk with the Dark Lord

"Sit, Potter."

Quirrell-or rather, Lord Voldemort-gestured the the armchair across from his own desk. His office was ridiculous as he himself said. He only kept it up for the sake of appearances. The smell of garlic perpetrated every surface for he had garlic bundles hanging from the ceiling. The rest of his office was covered in various shades of purple. 

The Dark Lord then instructed Harry to tell his whole story. From the very beginning. 

So, he did. 

By the time he finished, Quirrell was looking quite surprised. It was subtle, but it was there. He had to give the man credit for masking his emotions so well. 

          "Are the Lestranges doing alright? How long do you think they'll last?" was his first question. 

Bella would go mad if she'd heard it. Our Lord thought of us first! Can you believe it!

Harry bit back his grin and nodded. 

          "They'll last all right."

Quirrell smiled. It looked strange on his face, but Harry took pride in the fact that his Lord had given him such recognition. Merlin's beard, he was getting to be as bad as Auntie Bella!

          "No questions about the stone?" Harry asked, curious. 

          "No. When you put the anti-core potions on it, you rendered it dysfunctional. It's alright, though. I'm biding my time."

There was a pause. 

          "You know, what do they look like now-the Lestranges, I mean?"

          "What did they look like back then?"

The Dark Lord smiled again and extracted what looked like a photo album from a discreet drawer under his desk. 

          "Before I was...you know. Destroyed. I had procured a...album of the portraits of my most loyal. I don't really know why. I suppose, though, that it was a great honor for them."

Here Harry nodded. 

Quirrell opened said album and began to flip through. 

          "You can come over here. You won't be able to see if you stay over there."

Harry got up and peered over his Lord's shoulder. 

Bellatrix Lestrange (née Black) -> (This image was found here: https://pikabu

Bellatrix Lestrange (née Black) -> (This image was found here: https://pikabu.ru/story/yennifer_6247896?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=sharing. I would appreciate help locating the artist of this work; it's so amazing! I don't speak russian, but if someone would let me know, that would be amazing!)

          "Yeah. Her hair's frizzier but it's more of less the same shade. She had less makeup on but I guess that's to be expected. She still has that necklace, though. She wears it when she 'needs hope' or when the dementors get too close."