*.~ Chapter Five: Closing Ceremony ~.*

Start from the beginning

"That's how you conserve fuel." You heard Jean blabber for the past 10 minutes about what he knew about ODM gear skills.

He had is arms in the air, thinking that he was the shit in the Cadet Corps.  "Let your momentum do the work for you."

"Still," Daz spoke. "That's pretty advanced." He said.

Jean rested his head in his palm. "Duh. It's called having a sixth sense for the finer points of your gear." You saw Jean glance at Mikasa for a second. "You gotta do the strut if you wanna make the cut. The MP only recruit the best."

Marco had an admiring smile on his face. "Ah. Man, that'd be amazing. Workin, within a stone's throw of the king." He then looked in his cup. "No greater honor than that."

"Shut up, Marco!" Jean hit his back, making the contents of his cup splash on his face. "We're not children. You can drop the misty-eyed B.S." He had an evil grin on his face, looking at Marco closely. "Honor doesn't have any damn part of it. You just want a nice, cushy job in the interior playing glorified sentry."

"That's not true!" Marco protested against Jean's rather rude, conclusive statement. "That's not me at all!"

"Listen to you guys." Eren spoke, making the two guys look at him. "Interior? Five years ago, this was part of it." He said, followed by taking a sip of his cup.

Jean turned his body to him. "You got a point to make, friend? I'm right here."

Eren's eyes were closed as his cup made a noise from being set down. "Poor Jean. So misguided. And besides," His eyes opened to glance at Jean. "I don't think you'll fit in the Interior anyway."

You could here small chuckles around the room, sensing that something was about to go down for the 100th time, probably more than that.

"Very funny." Jean huffed after he looked around the room. 

The tension around the room was getting tense, so you sat up. "Seems a little backwards to me." Eren argued back at him. "Fine-tuning your Titan-killing skills so the brass'll station you somewhere you'll never see one."

"You'd rather I was good at gettin' killed?" Jean said back at him. "Thank you, but I'll pass. Better to play the system than get gnawed on."

Eren grunted in anger before he stood up. "You son of a bitch!" He shouted at him, making Jean stand up as well.

"Bring it on, you little bastard!"Jean argued. 

The two of them walked towards eachother as if they were about to fight it over, and they most likely would.

"Eren, please stop it!" Armin pleaded as he stood up with his hands on the table.

Mikasa stood up from beside you, walking to the two boys as she gently pulled Eren's hand away from Jean's clothing. "Gentleman, please." Mikasa and Eren stared at eachother before Eren looked down in a guilty manner.

Suddenly, Jean grabbed Eren by his shirt in pure anger. "You think you can judge me?!" He yelled at him.

"Huh? You rip my shirt, you're dead!" Eren shouted back at him.