*.~ Chapter Five: Closing Ceremony ~.*

Start from the beginning

Reiner went behind Eren, grabbing his shoulders. "Okay! Now go get 'er!" He said.

Raising an eyebrow, you backed away a bit from the both of them. "Reiner, what're you planning?" You asked as you glanced at him as he pushed your brother in Annie's direction. "Wait, what're you-?!"

Annie got into her fighting stance that you were well familiar with. "Right." Eren said with confidence. "I hope you don't expect me to hold back. Heads up!"

Your eyes followed your brother as he charged at Annie. Annie straight up kicked Eren's shin very hard, making him trip onto the floor on his elbows.

"Are you okay?" You called out to him.

Eren grunted as he got up. "Ugh, son of a--!" He dusted off his pants. "That was a dirty move!"

He fell down again, making you rush to his side. "Eren, do you need help with getting up?" You asked in concern.

"I'm- I'm fine... I think." Eren replied, clutching his knee.

Annie turned back to Reiner. "Are we done here?" She asked him.

"Not yet." Reiner answered with his hands on his hips. "You know the drill: take up the dagger."

You heard Annie sigh as she glanced back at the two of you. Eren managed to get up before noticing that Annie wasn't giving up. "No, wait! This isn't how--" He held up the dagger as his only defense.

"Oh crap..." You muttered as you backed away as Annie approached.

Annie grabbed hold of his arm, using her other forearm against his neck. She kicked behind Eren, making him fall backwards on his back with his legs over his legs. 

"There." Annie said, tossing the wooden dagger to Reiner effortlessly. Annie moved her bangs out of the way, eyeing Reiner with a daring stare. "So you ready to take me on yourself or what?"

"Uh-" Reiner stuttered. "Not exactly."

Below you was Eren, who was giving Reiner a menacing stare. "Don't you dare." He growled. "She's got a lesson coming, right? You go get her."

Reiner looked up from Eren at Annie, pondering you himself. They both stared at eachother in silence as you watched silently. "Yeah." Reiner broke the silence. "A soldier can't really afford to back down, either."

He looked up into Annie's eyes.

"Get ready, here I c--"

It was all over in an instant. Annie grabbed your wrist, dragging you away from the scene where Reiner was flipped over in the same position Eren was in.

"Training is almost over." Annie said once you both were away from the scene. "You can go wait at the dinner hall. I sense that your brother there wants to talk."

Her eyes glanced to the side as she sensed footsteps approaching. "Alright, then. I'll catch up with Mina if I could."

That night in the dinner hall, you set your head in your arms tiredly with your brother, Armin, and Mikasa. You were so close to falling asleep right then and there, but the chattering around you prevented that as your eyes peered over your arms.