【Nineteen】

Start from the beginning

On the second couch, Lizzie sat with her knees pulled up to her chest nibbling on a Milky Way chocolate that Luca probably gave her. Beside her sat her older brother Andres, someone you hadn't seen in years. He was scrolling through his phone and occasionally leaning over to show whatever was on his screen to Lizzie, who would grin at it. On the first couch, Michaela sat with Anais. She was chewing on popcorn, and would stop then turn her head to the side and nudge Anais, who in return would throw popcorn in her direction.

The sight of them all being so relaxed filled you with relief and an overwhelming happiness. How nice it was.

Approaching the couch you leaned over to steal some of Anais's popcorn. Noticing your hand, her head snapped up to the side and she smiled. "You're here!"

Michaela looked over and brightened, "[Y/n]!"

Placing the bowl to the side, Anais got up and hopped around the couch to greet you with a hug. You chuckled as the seventeen year old pulled you into a tight hug, her much shorter stature allowed you to pat her head. "Well this has to be one of the nicest greetings I've ever gotten."

Rolling her eyes, the girl pulled away. She was wearing a cute little outfit that looked vaguely familiar. Scrunching your brows you tapped your lip with your pointer finger. "Wait a minute...don't tell me..."

Realizing that you were analyzing the costume, Michaela jumped over the couch to stand beside the fellow seventeen year old. Seeing her costume made your eyes widen before you smiled.

"I knew it! You two went as Tiffany and Chucky, eh?"

Anais and Michaela both posed dramatically, showing off their costumes. It was easy to tell the two were artistic with how they both went all out. Anais even had painted on a fake tattoo, while Michaela sprinkled red paint over her overalls to resemble blood.

The girls went back to the couch as you walked over to Camille. She smiled and gave you a side hug while squeezing your shoulders. "Ahh, nice to see you again kid, how are ya'? College going well?"

"You aren't that much older than me Cami." Grinning you squeezed her shoulder and stepped out of the hug, "Yeah, college is going fine. How's treatment going?"

Pulling her eyes away from the screen for a second, she chewed lightly on the chain of her necklace before smiling. "Hm? Oh, it's going great! I have my last doctor visit next Friday."

You gaped, "Cami, that's great! Ahh, we're gonna have to celebrate." She giggled and shook her head. "Don't get ahead of yourself, go on, I'm sure the others wanna say hi."

Crouching by the carpet you interrupted the small trade happening. Luca smiled at you and held up some candy, "Look, I got warheads!" Ruffling his hair you chuckled, "Nice buddy."

Lumi smiled softly when you turned to her. "Hey Lumi, how's my favorite violinist doing?" The blonde girl turned away with a light bashful blush. "I'm fine."

Chuckling, you pat her head, "That's good kiddo. Nice costume by the way." She only gave a quiet thank you before going back to trading. Her costume was very simple. It appeared to be a onesie of a white bunny that had small flecks of red over it. The ears on the hood were flopped to the side and the ends were drenched with red.