2.3- The Meaning of Courage

Start from the beginning

(Y/N): I'd like to be a permanent guest here and read books in the forbidden library at my leisure~

——————————————

First things first. Despite how shitty the reason was, Rem wanted to kill us was because she didn't trust us, presumably because the Witch of Envy's scent was all over us. That's probably because return by death was activated so many times and so the "stench", as Beatrice puts it, must be even worse now.

So Subaru was going to prioritise earning their trust, as for the curse, I've already given Subaru advice on what he should do.

As for me, I was going over everything I read in the past loops, now that I could read even better than before, it would be even easier to memorise information.

——————————————

Subaru: I'm exhausted!!

(Y/N):.....Same... Only I'm just mentally exhausted....

Puck: You're quite the hard worker.

Subaru: I'm not done yet... I need to prepare dinner and clean the rooms... I'll get back to work after a little break.

Puck: Only your first day, and you're so spirited!

Subaru: Well.... Some important things are at stake here.

We both look over at Emilia who's talking to lesser spirits.

Subaru: By the way, what kind of magic does Emilia-tan use?

Puck: Technically, Lia isn't really a magic user. That goes for her contract with me, too. She uses spirit arts!

Subaru: So those who use magic and spirit arts are different...?

Puck: Magic-users cast magic with their own mana, but those who use spirit arts draw in mana from the atmosphere.

Subaru: And how are those two different, Sensei!!!??

Puck: Basically, it depends on whether you use a gate.

Subaru: Mana passes through a gate in your body. Through the gate, you both draw mana in and expel it out.

Subaru: I see, so it's like spigot for MP...

Puck: You both should have on to...

Subaru: R-Really? Does that mean I can use magic, too?

Puck: You want me to figure out your attributes?

Subaru: Haii!!!

(Y/N): Oof, If I knew you could do that, I would've come sooner...

Puck: Magic-users are divided into fire, water, wind and earth attributes...

He places his tail on Subaru's forehead and starts magic some weird noise.

Puck: Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan~

Subaru: Whoa!! It's totally a magic sound effect!!

Puck: I know what your attribute is!

Subaru: Yes!! I've been waiting for this!! Is it the burning fire of passion! Or a relaxed, cool-guy water type? Or maybe a gentle wind blowing across the plain? Or is it solid, reliable earth?!

Puck: Yin!

Subaru: EHH?! All rejected?!

Puck: (Y/N)'s turn!!

Puck flies over to me and places his tail on my forehead.

Puck: Nyan, Nyan, Nyan, Nyan, Nyan, Nyaaan~ Wow!! Interesting!!