Chapter 21 - Even more Aftermath (?)

Start from the beginning

"And then you killed me when I finally resurrected" he said as the flames finally reached me.

.

.

.

.

.

I woke up in my bed with sweat on my face.

"That nightmare again?" Amber asked as she woke up.

"Yeah... I keep remembering that" I said.

"You know, I'm pretty sure Asmoday would forgive you if he knew why you did all that" she said while playing with my hair to calm me down.

"I hope he does" I said as I checked the time.

4:23 AM

Not too early.

I wasn't going to get any more sleep, so I got ready.

"Where are you going today?" Amber said as she went back to bed.

"I'll be leaving for Inazuma soon, so I'm going to find Beidou and talk about the Crux clash" I said.

"And Paimon?" she asked.

"She's in the tea pot. I'll get her out, when she wakes up" I said as I gave Amber a small kiss on her head and left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aether POV -

I was sitting near windrise, when I saw something moving in the tree.

"Venti?" I asked.

"Yaa hoo!" he shouted as he jumped down.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I should be the one asking that" he said.

"I'm going to leave for Inazuma soon, so I was going to talk with Beidou in Liyue" I said.

"Hmm. Any news about Asmoday?" I asked.

"Actually, yes. The winds saw something similar to him near Musk Reef" Venti said.

"Thanks Venti!" I said as I started running towards Musk Reef.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) POV -

"You alright?" Lumine asked me

"Just a little head ache" I said.

I could use telepathy after 'that' but it only lasted for 10-15 minutes

"Why don't you go back to the surface? You've been inside the abyss for too long" she said.

I agreed and went to Musk Reef to get some fresh air.

A few abyss mages had followed me and were setting up a small camp.

I was glad that Lumine allowed me to stay with her after I almost wiped out the Abyss.

"You highness. The camp is ready, but I request that you don't leave the island for your safety" one of the mages said.

"Alright, but can you please stop calling me 'your highness'? You guys call Lumine princess and it feels weird" I said.

"As you wish, your highness" it replied.

What the fuck did you understand you little a piss mage!?

I left the camp and went towards the edge of the island as I sat on a rock.