17: First Valentines

Start from the beginning

Liam made a face and Harry immediately clarified himself.

"Not a partner like that, Liam. I just mean it takes two and that makes you my partner... in a way."

"I get it, Harry. You don't always have to explain what you mean. We have terms and we're both doing really great about keeping them."

He sighed.

"Yeah. Maybe too great."

"What do you mean by that?"

Harry really didn't want to answer that. The last thing he wanted to tell Liam was that sex with him was starting to feel like it wasn't enough whenever they were through.

"Um... do you mind if I like... shower? And then afterwards, I'll make us something to eat."

Liam suspected it was more than that though. But if Harry didn't want to explain what he meant, he didn't want to force him to explain.

"Sure. I'll be here."

And what a relief that response was. So Harry took advantage of it and went inside the bathroom for a quick hot shower. He would have loved to milk it too. But he was also afraid that if he stayed too long, Liam would leave. So he only stayed in there about ten minutes and came back out.

When he opened the bathroom door, he expected to see Liam in the room waiting for him. But he wasn't. In fact, he was nowhere to be found and all his clothes were gone too. Panicking ever so much, he called out for him.

"Liam? Are you still here, Liam?"

By the time he made it to the livingroom, he saw Liam sitting on the couch. But he didn't look like he was just lounging around because he was fully dressed in his shoes and his coat. In front of him on the coffee table was a bouquet of long stemmed red roses in a tall glass vase.

"Um... what is that?"

"Something from You Know Who, apparently. It was delivered by a flower company while you were in the shower."

"You Know Who?"

"Yeah. Sorry. The card was sticking out there and I couldn't help but be curious. I'm guessing you have an admirer."

"An admirer?"

Feeling confused, Harry went over to the vase and plucked the card from it's metal holder. Then he read it under his breath.

"You told me Benjamin would be away today. So here's something to cheer you up in case you're lonely. From: You know Who."

"Hmm. Judging by your smile, I guess you do know who."

Harry hadn't realized he was smiling but he quickly stopped and cleared his throat.

"It's no one."

"Are you sure? Because to be honest, I don't really know anyone who would send red Roses on Valentine's day for no reason. It's okay if you're seeing someone."

"I'm not." He quickly said.

"I'm not seeing anyone. If I was seeing anyone, I wouldn't be having sex with you. I'd be with them, would I not?"

He didn't answer that. Instead he stood up.

"You know, I should probably head back. It's a three hour drive."

Harry saddened.

"Already? You didn't want anything to eat? I said I would cook something."

"No. I'm fine. I'll just pick something up on the way.

"Oh..."

"It's not because I think you're seeing someone. I promise. I just don't think it's good for us if I stay for anything more than what we initially agreed on."