33 | body says yes, mind says no.

Start from the beginning

"I am curious about many things, Walter," He repeated slowly, like he was savoring the words. I didn't like the way my body was reacting to his proximity. Stop it. "Like the taste of your lip-balm today. What flavor is it?"

My heart hammered against my ribcage dangerously, begging to be let out. Light blush wasn't usually visible on my cheeks, but the blush that Sinclair's words had incited were very clearly visible on my face and my neck — because I noticed Sinclair's eyes roaming over the area, a small lopsided smile tugging at his face that could easily be termed as a smirk as he finally pulled back. I gulped. When had the dynamics changed so much between us? Now he was the one doing all the flirting while I was sitting back like a bumbling idiot?

Oh. Hell. No.

I cleared my throat, straightening my posture as I tried to push out all not-suitable-for-kids thoughts out of my mind. I also tried to ignore the fact that Sinclair had worn a lime and beige sweater, with matching trousers and shirt — an outfit that brought out the boyish charm of his features. His shoes - one of them had gotten a smudge on it, and was mismatched — but even that didn't make me go berserk. Goddamnit.  What had happened to me? And when and why had he decided to give up on his boring t-shirts and jeans? 

"We are going to one of the best places on earth, trust me," I said instead, refusing to show him how flustered he had made me. "It's my treat, don't worry."

"One of the best places on earth?"

I shrugged. "You'll see when we get there."

"You're not being very nice," He commented slyly. "Why keep me in the dark?"

"Because I like it."

"There's the answer," He said. "That's the answer to a lot of questions I have when it comes to you."

I knew exactly which question he was talking about — the statement he had uttered to me backstage — but I wasn't going to give him an answer this easily. How could I? I had, after all, spent half of my life believing that I was besotted with Lucas — only for it to turn out that I've somehow always had the hots for his best friend?

I looked out the window, straightening the faux brown fur collar of my grey-blue multi designed blazer that ended a little above my knees. I had thrown the blazer over a simple white shirt paired with a black button up corset top, and a shimmery skirt that ended mid thighs and was a shade darker than the corset top. To match the colour of the fur collars, I had grabbed a matching handbag, and to match my coat, I had thrown over a pair of shin-high socks over the black tights I was sporting. My heels were simple and black — but had rustic golden colored finishes at the edges that complimented the cute little rustic golden buttons on my blazer. The streets narrowed down in a familiar way and before we knew it, the car rolled to a stop. There we were. 

De Lerough's Mineral Spring and Resculpt.

"Resculpt?" Sinclair piped in from beside me. "I am… scared. I'm pretty sure we aren't here for sculpting so resculpting is something to do with…?"

"Just come with me, Sinclair," I said, rolling my eyes. "This place will make all your tension disappear."

"There is nothing in this world that will get rid of my tension and anxieties, even if for a few moments, Walter," He retorted.

A smirk pulled at my mouth. "You bet?"

"Oh, it's on," He said, and then, we entered the establishment.

And as soon as we checked into our appointment, and were shown to our private room complete with massage tables, sauna, a jacuzzi tub and candles — Sinclair knew that he had lost the bet.