𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄➪ 𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥

-*-

Kimmy lifted her head off the shoulder it leaned on. "If you just came back for me, why did you kill those Windsor students?" She picked at her lip as Stu let up too, making an uneasy expression.

Now, Billy could be heard climbing the basement steps before the wooden door swung open and he appeared. "You two kiss and make up yet?" He moved to the other side of the kitchen, but not before making sure to shut the door behind him.

If Kim had been anybody else, Stu might have gotten away with not answering her question. But, she wasn't known to give up so easily. "Stu." His head turned back to her, not sure if he should answer truthfully or not. He didn't want her to panic.

Billy noticed the exchange between the two, and his head perked up from the refrigerator door. "Huh?"

Kim turned in her kitchen stool to face the island, which Billy was on the other side of. "Why'd you kill those college kids? They had nothing to do with us, or Sidney. We didn't even know them." She asked.

She took to note the quick change of looks the boys shared before either answered. "Look, Kim." Stu began, but Billy finished for him. "That wasn't us." He explained simply.

"Wh- what do you mean that wasn't you? Who else could have done it?" Her voice was faster than it's normal pace.

Stu's hand reached up for her shoulder comfortingly. "That's what we're trying to figure out." With this, something clicked in her, and their eyes met again. "You don't plan on fighting this, other killer, do you?"

Billy laughed from behind her. "Well, uh, we kind of have to. The people think it's us, and it's not. He's trying to rid credit off our game, and that's no fair, is it?" She felt as if she could scream in terror. "So my friends are still out there right now, with a whole new killer on the lose?"

Billy and Stu nodded. "Yeah, basically."

Her palms cupped over her face and moved their way through her way. "Kim, it's alright." Stu cooed, using her fingertips to rub her shoulder. It calmed her down by a lot, but she was still panicking.

Now, Billy stood up straight, popping open a Mtn Dew. "Don't worry. We're gonna find him." He swore. He than took a nonchalant swig and turned to leave.

As he left, Stu went back to his cooing. "It's okay, I swear. Billy won't let anyone knock credit from our names. That means we'll find him. And, soon. I promise."

Stu and his damn promises.

-*-

Sidney had been issued to protective officers to watch over her for the time being. To ensure she wouldn't be the next one taken. Because, like always, she was obviously a target as well.

But, even now, as she was getting serenaded to during lunch, she couldn't help but feel guilty. She felt responsible for all of this, for everything, actually. Billy came after her, and because he'd convinced Stu to help him execute his plan, Kimmy got mixed into it all. And it was Sidney's fault, or that's what she was feeling. Billy wanted her, and nobody else. Kim and Stu were just at the wrong place and right time.

And she'd learned that the hard way. Because, after nearly a year of holding a grudge against the Macher boy, somehow, Kim had finally convinced her that he was just trying to do the right things. Even if it was selfish, in retrospect.

And now, Billy- and probably Stu- had her. And none of them were sure when they were going to get her back.

It felt wrong to let her boyfriend be so loving and cheerful at that moment. Her best friend had been kidnapped. She didn't deserve praise, not even by Derek.