𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄➪ 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐨𝐫

-*-

Red and blue lights illuminated the sorority neighborhood. The first three cop cars of the lot skidded themselves to a halt in front of the Omega Beta Zeta house, right across the street of Delta Lamba.

The dozens of party goers swopped onto the front yard, looking onto the scene. Among the group, sat Sidney, Mickey, Derek, Randy, and Hallie. All five pairs of eyes kept to the cars, awaiting for the cops to come back out with some sort of sign to explain what was going on. As Randy tapped Sid's shoulder. "Kimmy?" His voice was low. "Where's Kimmy?"

Sidney finally looked away from across the road. "You haven't seen her?" A panic began to form within her throat, which also made Randy the opposite of calm. "Not in an hour. Maybe two. I-" He swallowed, now frantically looking at the crowd. The red and blue lights were giving the two whiplash. "I thought she'd been with you!"

Derek now had a hold of Sidney's shoulders, trying to help her breath steady up. "What? What's wrong, what's going on?" He asked, as Randy began pacing away from the group along with Hallie, who also hadn't seen her since they'd arrived.

Sidney's fingers reached up, wiping the sweat from her forehead. She's probably fine. Calm down.

"She wouldn't have went home without letting me know, though." She mumbled, mostly to herself.

Now, Mickey was also looking, searching thought crowd of hears opposite ways of Hallie and Randy. "Nobody saw her leave?" She asked, loud enough for the entirety of the crowd to hear. Although nobody's answers were audible, they were all definite no's.

"You have a cell?"

Derek lifted his head from hers, stopping his attempted comforting. "Huh?" He asked. "Do you've got a cellular?" She clarified, reaching out for it as he dipped his hand into his pocket and pulled it out.

Randy, Mickey, and Hallie rejoined the two after giving a search through the what looked to be now empty sorority house as Sid dialed the number into her boyfriends phone, and shakily placed it to her ear. It picked up within two rings.

"Hello?"

"Dewey?"

"Sidney? What's wrong, what's going on?" His questions sounded smooshed together in a worry layered tone. Sidney wiped her mouth, and with a big breath, she answered. "I can't find Kim."

-*-

Dewey's shoe tapped against the concrete flooring of the police department. It was a familiar tune. The same rhythm Kimberly used to tap against his desk when she'd visit with Tatum for whatever reason. It used to bug him so much. And now all he wanted was to hear her nails tap along to his old Deputy's desk, and to be able to yell at her to quit it.

Chief Hartley opened his door, a case file in his hand. "It's too early to file for missing persons." He said solemnly. Dewey shot up from his seat, but Sidney couldn't bring herself to stand. "Even with good cause?"

The chief frowned, feeling bad. "Mrs. Smith is officially an adult now, and even with the recent murders and possible connection, there's no proof the two cases are related. So-"

Dewey scoffed. "Proof? Billy Loomis got away! Every fraction of evidence points to him being back to finish the job. And that includes taking down Kimberly. And now she's missing and you don't think it's necessary to do anything about that?"

"Deputy-"

Sidney stood up, pulling her older brother-like figures arm. "Dewey, come on. It's fine. Let's just go." She pulled him backwards, leading him out the door of the department.