Chapter 8: The Awakening

Start from the beginning

"We're not waiting. We're going to be ready. Why don't we fire back?" Shuichi smirked. He started to explain how Conan forced Rikimichi to give the FBI a lead by dumping Rikimichi's cellphone in water. "Anyways, let's rest up in shifts. At this rate, we are going to crack before the organization comes. I'll come back to report once I have a plan of attack." Shuichi said before leaving. He seems almost excited to meet the organization... most likely he revenge...

"Kaiya, where did Akai-san go?" Conan broke me out of my thoughts.

"On the roof." I replied and we went there together.

"Akai-san can we talk?" Conan began and Shuichi looked at us.

"If it's about the strategy, I'm still working on a plan of attack." Shuichi closed his phone shut.

"I've been watching you Akai-san. I've got a hunch that maybe we are thinking of the same plan." Conan said.

"Hmm.." was all Shuichi said.

************

"You never cease to amaze me boya." Shuichi said.

"I'm glad you're on my side." Conan chirped.

"Right back at you." Shuichi replied.

"The plan's a bit risky but I have faith it will work." I smiled.

"I'm willing to take the gamble." Shuichi said determinedly.

************

A few days ago, I noticed that someone had been frequenting a particular vending machine since the strawberry milk went out extremely quickly. I deduced it must be Eisuke because that was his favorite drink, so I decided to try my luck tonight and look for him there.

 I deduced it must be Eisuke because that was his favorite drink, so I decided to try my luck tonight and look for him there

"Eisuke-kun? Why did you suddenly stop contacting everyone?" I asked. I saw him about to use the vending machine.

"Because you wouldn't let me find Rena Mizunashi. You don't understand how I feel!" Eisuke balled his fists.

"I do understand. If I had family I would find them too." I attempted to comfort him.

"Then tell me where Rena Mizunashi is!" Eisuke demanded.

"Fine.... follow me then." I motioned, and we snuck into Rena's room when the coast was "clear" as the FBI agents left for a strategy meeting.

***************

"Wake up Rena Mizunashi. If you don't wake up I can't ask you where my sister Hidemi is now." Eisuke went to Rena Mizunashi's bedside. He started shaking her and I tried to stop him. "They are going to take you away again. Before that happens, open your eyes!"

"Don't be so rash!" I exclaimed as Eisuke pushed me aside and grabbed a pair of scissors from his pocket.

"Hey! I told you! Open your eyes!" Eisuke ordered.